Is my system too lopsided?
May 30, 2007 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thislittlepiggy

100+ Head-Fier
i've been trying to slim down my system recently, and this is what i have so far:

PC (X-Fi)>COEM modded Lite DAC-AH>Porta Corda MKIII>DT880

i'm worried that i'm not taking full advantage of my DAC with my porta corda amp, and that adding the DAC-AH is pretty pointless. what are your thoughts?

May 30, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 7
Dunno; Hows it sound, slimed down and thin in the bass, would be my guess, especially for even a little piggy...lol

How does the Dead sound to ya, I bet you can hardly feel Phils prodigious bass lines, and that ain't right
wink.gif

May 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #3 of 7
'come on if ya gona play this silly game, give some details...Sheesh
wink.gif

May 30, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 7
The Porta Corda MkIII comes very close to the sound out of the SR-71. To me the SR-71 is on the top 3 portable amps so I think very highly of it and by inference of the Porta Corda MkIII.

However it is also my opinion that home amps as a norm sound better than portable amps because they do not suffer from PSU limitations nor the miniaturization problems. You may want in the future to save for a nice home amp.

May 31, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Dead sound to ya, I bet you can hardly feel Phils prodigious bass lines, and that ain't right
wink.gif

Have to confess, once I got my mkiii, the music never stopped. Maybe that's a little overstated...

May 31, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 7
i've never heard the dead before... i guess i'll go look them up. btw, i love the setup so far. it sounds great: light but punchy bass, smoooooth midrange, and somewhat tamed trebles on my dt880s.

i should have gotten the USB mkiii, so i can A/B the mkiii DAC vs. my DAC-AH. just wanted to make sure the DAC-AH wasn't a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back