Is JBL dumb?
Nov 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Benaiir

1000+ Head-Fier
Alright, back in the day before my Junior Audiophily-ness, I bought the JBL 410's cause they looked decent and cheap ($12 shipped). So they broke after a few weeks, so I sent em' in having to pay shipping on October the 8th ($6.50). So, on my tracking #, it said sent and recieved on Oct. 12th. I called to check on the status (If they recieved it or not.) As you could easily predict, they didn't, but here's a twist! On the 26th-ish I called in again. They recieved it, oh golly. Yippie.... I was talking to some guy named Anthony and everytime I called he hung up after I asked a question (Every time I called, he picked up...) So he said they're replacing it and they should recieve a pallet of replacements in a week. Today the UPS guy came. The package said Harmon on it. I knifed it open and guess what? JBL 420's. Can they do anything right? I mean, sure these headphones are great, maybe even better but seriously. Oh well, my gain. These headphones are pretty loud though.

Nov 11, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 17
this is pretty common practice when they can't fix your product and it's discontinued/none in stock at the warehouse where it's being repaired. i don't see how this is a bad thing considering they did eventually answer your question (although i'm not sure how many questions you could have other than "did you receive it", "when will i receive it", and "why is it taking so long") and actually bumped you up to a higher quality headphone. i guess it may have been annoying to get hung up on but why didn't you just tell him not to immediately hang up?

Nov 12, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 17
no.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 17
True, their monitor speakers sound great for the price, but their headphones/earphones are not worth the time you put in them.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by techniqu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is pretty common practice when they can't fix your product and it's discontinued/none in stock at the warehouse where it's being repaired. i don't see how this is a bad thing considering they did eventually answer your question (although i'm not sure how many questions you could have other than "did you receive it", "when will i receive it", and "why is it taking so long") and actually bumped you up to a higher quality headphone. i guess it may have been annoying to get hung up on but why didn't you just tell him not to immediately hang up?

I did, then he hung up. Lol.

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, their monitor speakers sound great for the price, but their headphones/earphones are not worth the time you put in them.

Actually, I love my JBL 210's and my 420'S. Both are really bassy (The 420's can even handle the iPod's EQ.) Pretty like Skullcandy's and deep but better sound like Bose (Maybe bose is a bad example, but the cups remind me of the Triport AE sooo much)

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAHAHA

I had a JBL 510 Reference got a Senn HD555 now and could not be happier. bass far better now.

But JBL Bass is punchy.

all cheap stuff is punchy..boom boom

u try HD600 now...u ll forget HD555

Nov 12, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose:

Buy
Other
Sound
Equipment.

I really think JBL does a good job, just the 410/510 design was whacky. A 5mm support on the headband to drivers? Come on!

JBL didn't design it. The 410 looks a heck of a lot like an AKG K416 for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back