Is it worth to buy DAP having Galaxy S3?
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Narside

New Head-Fier
Hi to everyone! i've been reeding the forum for a long time already but still has no decision whether it is worth buying DAP if i already have Galaxy s3 with Neutron player. My priority is only HQ sound (i do not need the colorful display, the monochrome one will be enough). I'm planing to listen to music (Rock, metal, instrumental, ambient) with Yamaha EPH-100 (also not yet purchased). Also DAP (or phone) is planned to be used as the audio source for my home system (Paradigm monitor 9 and own-made amplifier) - for this currently my output is Asus Xonar D1. My budget for the DAP is 250 USD. Please give me some advices as i'm not well experienced with portable sources. And which DAP has the best sound quality in my budget? Thanks to everybody in advance.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 5
While the S3 can probably fullfill all your audio playing needs, you might want to think about the practicality. The batterylife might be an issue. And having it wired to your stereo isn't really practical with incoming calls. Also, if you plan to use an external dac and want to charge at the same time, you'll need a special flavour of otg cable with a 64.9K ohm resistor on the bridge between pin 4 and ground of the connector on the S3 side.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 5
thank you very much for the respond. Now, after examining several threads i came to the point that i'm looking for Hifiman 601.... Somebody says it will overgo all the smartphones and middle range portable players. Is this statement right? if so i'll stop my researches and will use th HM 601 as the only source.

Apr 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 5
If I were you I'd wait until the Fiio X3 is released and reviewed as it could be a giant killer. It has a great spec, a far more powerful amp than normal already built in... and with a proposed price of around $200. 
wink.gif

See- http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-appreciation-and-impressions-thread-update-march-20th-read-the-first-post-before-posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back