Is it worth it?
Nov 2, 2008 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mysta Rave

New Head-Fier
I've been using CX300s for a while and I wanted to venture into the realm of something better and circumaural. I basically decided to get the Denon D1001 and then I read something that caught my attention....something to the extent of the cans being "picky" with regard to good quality audio and sounding bad with low quality mp3 files. I dont have this problem with the CX300s ( maybe theyre not high quality enough), but is it worth getting the D1001s to listen to 64-128k mp3s and online radio streams like DI.FM and Pandora? Or will I regret it and decide to get something lower quality...

Nov 3, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 5
I reckon you'll be ok. You'll hear the quality differences more between the stations, but it certainly won't be worse than what you're using now. I have much better head-fi gear and I listen to 192k streaming radio to get more ideas for music to explore.

Nov 3, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to streaming music from online radio almost daily, and the quality of it varies quite a bit from station to station and song to song. The type of music listened to is a big factor too. It's not just the bit rate that matters. What types of music do you listen to?

Rock, House, Chillout (thievery corporation type stuff), Enigma, some vocal stuff. Need lots of bass
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back