Is it worth it to reshell JH Audio Freqphase?
Feb 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SWCOPE

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm new to the CIEM world. I've decided on getting the JH13 w/ freqphase as my first CIEM, and I'm quite interested in the possibility of getting them reshelled. 

I have not been able to find many reviews with reshelled freqphases, so if you can provide your experience with them, that would be great!

If you have heard both original and reshelled, how close are they in performance?
If you just own the reshelled version, how do they compare to your other CIEMs? (ie, are they as good as most reviews say?)

Thank you guys for helping me out!

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 4
  Hi guys,

I'm new to the CIEM world. I've decided on getting the JH13 w/ freqphase as my first CIEM, and I'm quite interested in the possibility of getting them reshelled. 

I have not been able to find many reviews with reshelled freqphases, so if you can provide your experience with them, that would be great!

If you have heard both original and reshelled, how close are they in performance?
If you just own the reshelled version, how do they compare to your other CIEMs? (ie, are they as good as most reviews say?)

Thank you guys for helping me out!

My reshelled JH16fp is one of my favorite IEMs in my collection - I have listened to a demo JH16fp and my re-shell - I didn't hear any significant difference - other than the custom (re-shell) sounded better as it fit better.

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #4 of 4
My reshelled JH16fp is one of my favorite IEMs in my collection - I have listened to a demo JH16fp and my re-shell - I didn't hear any significant difference - other than the custom (re-shell) sounded better as it fit better.

Who did you do the reshell through? How much did it cost? And how much was your savings as compared to buying new?

It's good to hear that they sounded the same. All this company jargon about proper sound tubes had me shying away from reshells. But it looks like a great opportunity to save some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back