Is It Worth Getting?
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

fghtffyrobesity

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking into some Audio Technica ATH-ES7's for portable use. I have heard they are great for the price and the only complaint is about the comfort.

However, I download 99% of my music, which is encoded at 128 kbs. I only have about three cds that I still listen to that I can rip to lossless/FLAC

Is it still worth buying the headphones when the audio quality is low?

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 15
It's never worth buying any good quality headphones with a limited bad source. You'll be robbing yourself of the ultimate experience. The ES-7's are especially well liked in the orient ( Jaben.net). but no-one will deny that you need to "Feed" them quality music.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 15
Too late.. report going now... NOT

Yeah you shouldn't talk about illegal downloads here, as well as shouldn't spend >50$ just to listen to 128Kbps tracks

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 15
Thanks for the heads up on the reporting.

I come from other forums where they don't care too much about that sort of thing. I guess it just slipped.

Even if it is at 128kbps, won't the head phones help a bit? Right now I am using Skullcandy headphones and well....I'm not too satisfied with them

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 15
IMO, it's still worth although the files are crappy.

Probably, when the OP listen to the new can, he may try to get the higher quality files for the more appreciation.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 15
Well, I would love to have higher quality files, its just that I don't own the CD's, so I can't rip them into lossless for my iPod.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 15
256 kbs in AAC is the best that iTunes has and not for all the songs. At $0.99 a song you might as well buy the CD.

Rumors have it that higher grade files will be available soon, lest wait and see. But at their prices I still say buy the CD.

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Save your self some money and get the SR60, used SR80, or DT440.

Save your money...?! Seriously! I had to laugh when i read this :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back