Is it safe to send the money order?
Feb 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

hakjk

100+ Head-Fier
If seller is only accepting Money order, id it safe to send him a money order?
I always deal with paypal. And this is first time for me to send the money order to seller.
If he cash out the money order, and does not send the item, what I can do about it?
thanks in advance for help.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 15
Is the seller CONUS or abroad? Conus you shouldn't have to? If so, I would be a little nervous. Abroad, I would ask a million questions.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hakjk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If he cash out the money order, and does not send the item, what I can do about it?

Not much really. Contact the police . Whatever you do , do not send money to a PO box.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought two items here using MO without any problem. Both sellers were from CONUS. But there are sellers that would not accept MO as well for fear of counterfeit.

Thats why they tell you to cash it before sending the item out
tongue.gif

Put the MO on a credit card and worst case charge back, pay pal really does not do much as far as buyer protection, most cases end up in charge back through the credit card company.

Dave

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 15
The seller is in CONUS. I'm kind a worried to send the money order. Is there any way I can get the money back, in case seller does not sent the item? Anyone had bad experience with MO?

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by myinitialsaredac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Put the MO on a credit card and worst case charge back, pay pal really does not do much as far as buyer protection, most cases end up in charge back through the credit card company.

can't use credit card to purchase a money order.

Quote:

The seller is in CONUS. I'm kind a worried to send the money order. Is there any way I can get the money back, in case seller does not sent the item?

not really.

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 15
If you do have to mail a money order, you might want to send it certified, restricted delivery (restrict it to the person you're mailing it to) and return receipt requested. It only costs a few dollars more and there will be no question that the person received it. Also, I prefer to use USPS money orders and to mail them through the USPS - there are potential criminal penalties for that. Not that that will necessarily get your money back.

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

The seller is in CONUS. I'm kind a worried to send the money order. Is there any way I can get the money back, in case seller does not sent the item? Anyone had bad experience with MO?

If you are having these kinds of reservations about it I would recommend not doing it. Always trust your gut instincts.

Dave

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #10 of 15
How about using COD service?
Money order is very similar to hard cash afaik.. if you don't feel comfortable handing him a wad of cash, basically without any links to what service\item he has to provide you in return, it's better to find other means of fund transfer which can sufficiently protect your end as well.

Feb 3, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #11 of 15
How about using COD service?
Money order is very similar to hard cash afaik.. if you don't feel comfortable handing him a wad of cash, basically without any links to what service\item he has to provide you in return, it's better to find other means of fund transfer which can sufficiently protect your end as well.

Feb 3, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #12 of 15
Sending money to other persons is never 100% safe.
If you get scammed, the police would be one way to proceed.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 15
To all.
Thanks for your help.

Feb 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #15 of 15
I've used money orders on ebay and a guitar forum. Both purchases were over $800, and the seller shipped promptly after cashing my money orders.

I prefer money orders, because I like to avoid credit/debit cards and PayPal is terrible in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back