Is it safe to buy Sennheiser HD650s through Amazon from an non-authorized dealer?
Aug 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
I see HD650s for $359 on amazon from a third party dealer called DBROTH, who is not a Sennheiser authorized dealer.  Is it safe?

You'll get some sales (and delivery?) protection for your purchase from Amazon, but it will probably be limited to whether you got what you paid for. For everything else, such as warranty support, you're completely dependent on DBROTH. They do have a 98% favorability rating which is quite good in my opinion.

You posted this at about the same time I posted it to Deals thread. If the vendor were authorized, I would have already ordered them.

Good luck with your decision.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 10
If you are looking for that price point I would stick with Dakmart.  I prefer buying from their buy.com store for the extra security and it tells you what they actually have in stock.

Note:  if your getting a good deal from dakmart you are betting bstock.  bstock is refurbished.

Note: dakmart is an authorized dealer.

If you choose to buy from their store I would recommend calling to check on stock.  They they don't reflect stock on their website (buy.com generally means it's in stock but not everything ends up on buy.com)

I have bought multiple sennheiser headphones from them for crazy good prices and have never been unhappy.   They have treated me very well.  Worst thing I have had happen to a friend is he bought a pair of headphones that were not in stock from their website.  he was refunded a couple of days later very dissapointed.

If you are a Sennheiser Fanatic bookmark their site, it will save you money (I have bought pxc-450 for $220, MM400 for $90, HD448 for $50). 

Note: for some reason you have to call them if you want to use paypal.  but since I already recommended that you call them it's no big deal.

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 10
Oh I forgot to mention.  They have the HD650 (b-stock) for $326 on their buy.com store right now..

I don't work for them, I'm just a addict repeat customer who has been treated well in the past. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
If you are looking for that price point I would stick with Dakmart.  I prefer buying from their buy.com store for the extra security and it tells you what they actually have in stock.

Note:  if your getting a good deal from dakmart you are betting bstock.  bstock is refurbished.

Note: dakmart is an authorized dealer.

Dakmart has reputation for sloppy business practices, but they're definitely authorized.

They list the b-stock HD 650 at US$310. Sloppy?

"This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 31 December, 1969."

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 10
I agree about the reputation.  I was hesitant my first time purchasing from them (one reason why I use their buy.com store).  But I speak from personal experience I am 3 for 3 on purchases from them and my wife is ordering some headphones from them as we speak. 

I would describe their business practices as unorganized.  So if you are careful with your purchases from them you will be happy and get crazy good prices.  And if no one else wants to buy from them then that's more refurb headphones for me.  when my wife let's me that is. 

I want thoes HD650's but I just bought a pair of IEMs (brainwavz b2) today so a $330 purchase probably won't fly, pick my battles...I will have them eventually .

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
I agree about the reputation.  I was hesitant my first time purchasing from them (one reason why I use their buy.com store).  But I speak from personal experience I am 3 for 3 on purchases from them and my wife is ordering some headphones from them as we speak. 

I would describe their business practices as unorganized.  So if you are careful with your purchases from them you will be happy and get crazy good prices.  And if no one else wants to buy from them then that's more refurb headphones for me.  when my wife let's me that is.

"Unorganized" (or disorganized) is a much better description than "sloppy".

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 10
FiiO has listed them (dbroth) as an Amazon seller not to buy their products from.
I also did a uTube search on their name and came up with some bad, cheap. and fake products, Want them cheap, Get them from Dakmart, I have got a couple of head sets from them and couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back