Is it ok to use expenisve iem when running working out?
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smy1

Headphoneus Supremus
I always worry if I bring my quality iem when working out or running the sweat will get inside the ear hole in ur iem and somehow break :frowning2: is it ok to use them?

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 4
You're correct that all the sweat and grime will have an effect in your IEM. Obviously, you can just clean them after every workout, but you'll have to stay committed to that. People have a tendency to associate high end items with durability, but that's simply not the case. Luxury items are generally fragile, like a thousand dollar mink coat or a Ferrari. Mink coats are destroyed when it meets water, and a Ferrari would not fare well on a gravel road. I would suggest you purchase a pair of IEMs that is constructed for exercising. Most of those are rugged, secure, and sweat-resistant, which makes them more suitable for exercising. They also tend to be very bass heavy since you ARE working out after all. Don't forget that there's always the chance of having your high end IEM slip out of your ear and crashing into the concrete. 

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #3 of 4
You're correct that all the sweat and grime will have an effect in your IEM. Obviously, you can just clean them after every workout, but you'll have to stay committed to that. People have a tendency to associate high end items with durability, but that's simply not the case. Luxury items are generally fragile, like a thousand dollar mink coat or a Ferrari. Mink coats are destroyed when it meets water, and a Ferrari would not fare well on a gravel road. I would suggest you purchase a pair of IEMs that is constructed for exercising. Most of those are rugged, secure, and sweat-resistant, which makes them more suitable for exercising. They also tend to be very bass heavy since you ARE working out after all. Don't forget that there's always the chance of having your high end IEM slip out of your ear and crashing into the concrete. 

True and thanks for the answer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back