Is it just me or the SteelSeries Siebra V2 are PRETTY good?
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #31 of 44
They are not better than K701. what I've forgot to mention back then that is my K701 are not proper-amped at all, and comparing to them in it's state, the SS reveal a little more details.
my K701 are only powered by the STX amp, which also has only stock op-amps. I bet that when the K701 are plugged in to a proper amp, no headphones around can beat them in the aspects of details.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #32 of 44
Listened to these... They are horrid for listening to music

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #34 of 44
I own the v2... and use it only for my youtube channel... i actually really hate them for music, and the mic sucks... (pc>flac/320mp3> Modi/ODAC>Magni/O2)

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #35 of 44
Yeah, the Mic is bad. But I don't see why people claim they are bad for music... Granted, I am stingy and have never spent more than 140 on headphones.

However, they are the best sub 150 headphones I have used, period.

I know more expensive headphones might sound better.

But the elitism that leads people to say 'they suck' is really quite ridiculous. Any lack of precision they have is likely within a 5% or lower margin of error at safe listening volumes.

I have hooked mine up to a number of sources, and my only 'complaint' is the lack of bass intensity when faced with Chillstep, etc. 

What about music do you feel they fail at?

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #36 of 44
I own the V2 only because I got them super cheap from onesaleaday. For the 30 bucks I paid for them they are ok'sh. I only wore them for earmuffs and while doing yardwork outside haha. They aren't that bad but clearly not the best under 100 bucks, not even close imo. There are several great cans in that price range. Of the various I own under ~150 I'd say the Takstar pro 80's (gemini HSR1000 rebrand) are probably the best I've heard, they are just amazing for the ~70 bucks you can snag em for. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #37 of 44
I had a very short demo (half a minute) at a tech expo and i thought it was not bad. Can't describe properly since my memory would have rotted since 2 years ago but i didn't find anything wrong with it like overboomy bass. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #38 of 44
Well, I actually happen to be on the market now for sub 200 cans (my cheap plantronics gamecoms died at work).

I do sound engineering for a AAA game studio, so I need something relatively accurate, and with decent positional capabilities. That said, most of my time is spent looking at code, so I need something that is top tier for music as well.

Any suggestions?

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #39 of 44
Quote:
Well, I actually happen to be on the market now for sub 200 cans (my cheap plantronics gamecoms died at work).

I do sound engineering for a AAA game studio, so I need something relatively accurate, and with decent positional capabilities. That said, most of my time is spent looking at code, so I need something that is top tier for music as well.

Any suggestions?

Dt770 would be a good pair.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #40 of 44
Jun 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Any suggestions?

SoundMAGIC HP100

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #42 of 44
^You should also really consider those, they seem to be very good from what I read.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #44 of 44
All (as in 3/4 of my friends I chat with about audio or tech in general with on a regular basis (the other has m50's)) have Siberia V2s. I dislike the bass and I like my sound stage supah dupah wide. For gaming they're not bad, not my favorite for music listening though.
One thing you cannot deny, they are ******* mad comfy. (I personally think my ad900x's are more comfy but still..... V2s are mad comfy, brah.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back