Is it just me or the SteelSeries Siebra V2 are PRETTY good?
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 44
O_O
Sorry, I hate steelseries with a burning passion. Terrible company with terrible customer/product support with terrible products with terrible quality control. Even if the Siberia's sound half decent I wouldn't get them.

Feb 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #17 of 44
Quote:
You are not crazy Rays! First of all everyone should stop looking at gaming headset like a sub category of headphone. There is NO SUCH THINGS as GAMING HEADPHONES... They all use comon drivers, diaphragms and basic existing technology. Most of these gaming headset company don't even use their own drivers.

Speaking of the Siberia V2 you are correct in your review but i will push things a little more. The Siberia v2 are probably the best headphone under 100$ on the market today. These are just incredible value. I can't even think of a headphone under 300$ that i would prefer as an everyday allrounder headphone. They sound open, stage is wide and deep, definition and highs are sweet, mids are spot on, bass is dynamic and deep...Ohhh so deep. But most of all i find them uncolored AND fun... Something that is not easily achieved in the can world. Yeah they got a mic... Yeah they are red... And yeah they can put to shame most grados, shens, audiotechnicas, sonys etc... When i am finished with this post i am gonna order a second pair just in case the first one breaks. Yes they are that good.

Really don't think so...

Also, "uncolored" and "fun" don't go together. Ever.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:
You are not crazy Rays! First of all everyone should stop looking at gaming headset like a sub category of headphone. There is NO SUCH THINGS as GAMING HEADPHONES... They all use comon drivers, diaphragms and basic existing technology. Most of these gaming headset company don't even use their own drivers.

Speaking of the Siberia V2 you are correct in your review but i will push things a little more. The Siberia v2 are probably the best headphone under 100$ on the market today. These are just incredible value. I can't even think of a headphone under 300$ that i would prefer as an everyday allrounder headphone. They sound open, stage is wide and deep, definition and highs are sweet, mids are spot on, bass is dynamic and deep...Ohhh so deep. But most of all i find them uncolored AND fun... Something that is not easily achieved in the can world. Yeah they got a mic... Yeah they are red... And yeah they can put to shame most grados, shens, audiotechnicas, sonys etc... When i am finished with this post i am gonna order a second pair just in case the first one breaks. Yes they are that good.

Best under $300 for gaming? *cough HD598 and also AD900x maybe and DT880 and- cough* also note that i heard them, they sounded OKAY...(like any razer product, just a bit less bass and better overall response) the grados in that price will trash the living sound out of the Siberia

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 44
Quote:
There is NO SUCH THINGS as GAMING HEADPHONES... 

The Siberia v2 are probably the best headphone under 100$ on the market today.

I saw a set of these cheap so came looking for info.

This is some good mis-information right here...

What are you comparing them to? My Uptowns are pretty good, My CAL's are pretty good, My HM5's are pretty good, although not enough bass for me.
So, please do go on, what exactly are you comparing them to that makes you concretely conclude there is no better set under that price?
Or are we talking about the functionality to have a built in mic and glowing lights (that you can't see when you're wearing)...

I also don't see the issue with calling something a gaming headphone, they have a USB only option, fold out mic, LED lights on the frost version), not likely to be for portable use, the company makes gaming accessories, I think Gaming is the EXACT MARKET FOR THESE, caps or not...

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 44
I owned this headset and listened to the most products same price or lower. In this range it has a very good sound but it sux compared to HiFi headphones ~100$. For example the Shure 750 is much better. (a seperat mic costs 10 to 30 $ depending on which kind u want)
Quality? it Broke after 1 Year. Never had to say far well that early to an electronical product. I would either spend more money for something better or safe money and buy for example Sennheiser PC150 which seems to be indestructable (had it for years untill it was stolen and friends of mine use these since many years) and sounds only a little worse,

May 14, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:
Really don't think so...

Also, "uncolored" and "fun" don't go together. Ever.

How about I fix that for you. :p

Quote:
Also, "colored" and "fun" don't go together. Ever.

When things ARE colored, they sound horrible. Why would you want so much extra bass or so much extra mids, or treble? It sounds horrible when its overly done, and the music sometimes ends up sounding lackluster when sections are recessed. Now, really high end headphones can pull off a lack of treble well, but you can't do that until you at least get into upper end mid-fi.

May 14, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #22 of 44
While the Siberia v2 are good headphones no WAY are they better than anything else under 100. There are so many cans that are better at that price point. BUT I will give them the fact that they are one of the better sounding gaming headphones with attached microphone. They are also SUPER comfortable. They aren't as comfortable as my DT-990 pro 250ohms, but they're still very comfortable.

May 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #24 of 44
My friend broke his last headset, and he needs a new one. I really want to convince him to get something with higher sound quality, but whats more important to him is the mic. How quality is the mic on this for simple recordings (not studio quality, but at least well enough)?

May 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #25 of 44
Recordings of what?

May 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:
My friend broke his last headset, and he needs a new one. I really want to convince him to get something with higher sound quality, but whats more important to him is the mic. How quality is the mic on this for simple recordings (not studio quality, but at least well enough)?

Ant lion mic with a regular headphone. Hard to beat IME

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #28 of 44
It isn't just you.

They are Pretty good. Even Damn good.

Obviously not the best, but to be honest they are among the best up to 300.

For $80 there are literally no full-size headphones that can compete. Absolutely none.

My only gripe is how fragile the cable is.. wish it was a detachable plug (I've broken 2 cables so far, should have just bought Beyer, or AKG I guess).

Anyways, yes, they really are that good.

Short review:

They are extremely flat.

I would say around 200hz they get a little funny, but only for 20-50hz, then they flatten out again.

The low-frequency response is extremely good, and is not at all "boosted", unlike most similarly priced cans.

Steelseries makes up for a lack of driver material quality in driver size an tuning. They are low impedance, which is fine for anyone without an amp, and using good DACs.

Distorion really doesn't exist until you are at the physical limit of the drivers, which is well within the threshold of pain. Put earplugs in and they still sound good (as good as anything can sound with plugs in) even once the lobes start dancing.

Positional audio really is extremely good.

The soundstage isn't the broadest feeling, which is really the only drawback here, although no headphones near the price point of the V2s have the same degree of accuracy along with a better soundstage. Simply put, unless you have spent more than these cost on playback hardware, these are best in class.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #29 of 44
Dude, this theard is old. but yeah, I must say again that I agree, even after listening to another cans and having more "audiophile sense".
They actually has all needed for gaming, and seems like they were designed for it in every single point. no wonder they are the most common headset (at least for me, I see them everywhere). also, actual audiophile gamers like us can plug it to a-non-onboard good DAC (or better, amped-DAC like STX\ZXR) and then they REALLY shine.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #30 of 44
That's...a shocker. Steel series siberia better than the k701. Somehow though I actually believe it. I can imagine the k701 having too much shimmer which sometimes hides certain details, like a treble veil...yes it exists, this is not myth.

This happened to me actually. It was a terrible song on an online hearing test(just AWFUL btw, could barely tell the difference). My 681 evo hid almost perfectly a flaw in the track that was supposed to come in at a certain time because of a shimmer
I guess this is why the steelseries let's you hear more...

here's the test
there's some sort of "Squeak" that appears in the background at the beginning in both versions. 
http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/mp3-sound-quality-test-128-320/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back