Is it just me or the SteelSeries Siebra V2 are PRETTY good?
Nov 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
Don't kill me, but I got those for a test and I really impressed, especially of a headset phones.
Look, they may have a little bit too much low-end, and the bass singature overally not that good, but it's bass is detailed and deep.
Also the mid and the highs are amazing and really detailed. I can hear more details than I can hear in my K701. that's crazy.
Their soundstage is wide enough and very deep and everything sounds natural.

If only they had less low-end they would be perfect. right now their sound is a little bit dark what I don't really like,
but again- the amount of details, the soundstage, the naturalness... I like it.

Anyone else heard those?
They are pretty good for 90$ phones, more than a lot of phones I heard at this price.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 44
They are for gaming, but I find them really audiophile cans.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 44
Sound is very subjective but I find gaming headphones are not suited for personal listening / monitoring. That is why I stopped buying gaming headphones a long time ago. YMMV

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 44
Went from siberia v2 to premium dt770 250ohm and its very big different, sure nothing is wrong with your k701? Siberia was a good phone to position enemies, i give them that. Though my beyers are better on everything, even comfort.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 44
I dont know, i havent been impressed by any gaming headphone... even the new crap expensive Tritton ones

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 44
I have the logitech g930 and I'm not impressed at all by the sound quality but the virtual surround sound, mic, nd other functionalities make it good for gaming. That being said, I bought myself an asus xonar u3 which I'm using with my Beyer t5p. Huge difference in sound (of course there is).

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 44
Siberia V2 are widely known in gaming communities to be among the better sounding gaming headsets why they are among the most recommended gaming headsets so I take it they should at least be quite good, these are more like an exception though as far as gaming headsets go.

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 44
Average sound quality on them is not good when compared to my other headphones.  
I admit they are comfy. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #14 of 44
You are not crazy Rays! First of all everyone should stop looking at gaming headset like a sub category of headphone. There is NO SUCH THINGS as GAMING HEADPHONES... They all use comon drivers, diaphragms and basic existing technology. Most of these gaming headset company don't even use their own drivers.

Speaking of the Siberia V2 you are correct in your review but i will push things a little more. The Siberia v2 are probably the best headphone under 100$ on the market today. These are just incredible value. I can't even think of a headphone under 300$ that i would prefer as an everyday allrounder headphone. They sound open, stage is wide and deep, definition and highs are sweet, mids are spot on, bass is dynamic and deep...Ohhh so deep. But most of all i find them uncolored AND fun... Something that is not easily achieved in the can world. Yeah they got a mic... Yeah they are red... And yeah they can put to shame most grados, shens, audiotechnicas, sonys etc... When i am finished with this post i am gonna order a second pair just in case the first one breaks. Yes they are that good.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:
You are not crazy Rays! First of all everyone should stop looking at gaming headset like a sub category of headphone. There is NO SUCH THINGS as GAMING HEADPHONES... They all use comon drivers, diaphragms and basic existing technology. Most of these gaming headset company don't even use their own drivers.

Speaking of the Siberia V2 you are correct in your review but i will push things a little more. The Siberia v2 are probably the best headphone under 100$ on the market today. These are just incredible value. I can't even think of a headphone under 300$ that i would prefer as an everyday allrounder headphone. They sound open, stage is wide and deep, definition and highs are sweet, mids are spot on, bass is dynamic and deep...Ohhh so deep. But most of all i find them uncolored AND fun... Something that is not easily achieved in the can world. Yeah they got a mic... Yeah they are red... And yeah they can put to shame most grados, shens, audiotechnicas, sonys etc... When i am finished with this post i am gonna order a second pair just in case the first one breaks. Yes they are that good.

I heard them, and think your plainly lying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back