Is it just me, or is Head-Fi reallly slow?
Jun 3, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #16 of 37
  Well, I am using Safari on a MacBook Retina, with no extensions and the lag to load the home page, as well as "Subscriptions" (i.e. list of current subscriptions) is the same as on Chrome.  For me, loading the home page or subscriptions can take as long as 30 seconds.  THIRTY.  Posting is quick, as is navigating within a particular forum.

It seems like a Head-fi.org back-end issue, related to the display of personalized ad content.  I can view head-fi on my Android phone and it loads instantly but, of course, there are no/few ads on the mobile version of the site.

Someone must be reading this... because 15 minutes later, all lag/delay is gone.

Thanks!

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #17 of 37
I've been having a weird issue with the typing box the last few days.

While I'm typing at random creating a post (usually at speed) the cursor disappears and I can't see the letters anymore. I must backspace and to get the cursor back in the box. It's preventing me from writing long paragraphs.

Has anyone else had the issue?

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #19 of 37
@H20Fidelity
 - What browser (and version) are you using?  (Also, what OS?)  I'm trying to recreate the issue, but I haven't had it happen to me.

If you could use Jing and record a video of it happening, it would help the tech team see exactly what's going on.

Hi Joe,

I meant to report back here this evening. I have corrected the issue which seemed an isolated case to myself. We're pretty sure it was an Ask.com tool bar that secretly installed itself along my internet travels. Everything is working again after removing it.

Really appreciate you giving me some things to try though. Chrome btw and W7.

Cheers,

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #21 of 37
For the last week or more I haven't been able to access Head-Fi.org at all.

Browser would just try to load the page for "ages" until I stopped it manually. Today I finally got access. After posting a reply, it hang again and I couldn't see my post. It seemed lost. Then I tried via mobile and I saw the post was there, but still not able to access Head-Fi via computer. Seems to work (better) now for some reason.

Firefox & Win7.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #23 of 37
I use Mozilla Firefox and a few days ago, I had a similar problem. All of head-fi took over 15 seconds each time I tried to change page and posting onto a thread just took ages. That has happend for around a hour a few times in the last few weeks but it has been fine yesterday and today at least. 

I checked to see if anything else was running slow and everything else was fine. As I said, it is fine for me now but it looks like I wasn't the only one to have head-fi running slow.

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #25 of 37
At the time this was happening, I did have a lot of things running but I closed everything down and it didn't make any difference. I then closed my browser and restarted my PC and that didn't do it either. Within about 20 minutes it was fine again. This just seems to happen every now and then.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #27 of 37
I live in the UK and the few times that I have had it happen, It has been late in the afternoon or in the evening. I would say I have only had it happen between 16:00 and 23:00 GMT. I haven't had it often enough for it to be a huge issue for me yet. I just thought I would mention it since I saw this thread.

Thanks for suggesting what to try out though.

Aug 10, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #28 of 37
  Hi @LarsHP, thanks for letting us know about your issue. 

Are you running any Firefox extensions? Also, are you experiencing the same issues with another browser like Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer?

Yes, I have three different Flash downloaders. I don't use other browsers on my PC. All other web sites have been working normally, it seems.

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #29 of 37
Yes, this site has gone slower (IE 11) ... probably the ads are the reason (as usually) ... but, are there some new realtime features added?
BTW, message editor sucks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back