Is it just me or does the dt770 feel a bit hot/warm on the ears?
May 6, 2007 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

stevodotorg

100+ Head-Fier
Well I couldn't resist, I got a ridiculously good deal on the dt770/80 pro at guitar center, my first real cans since my akg k240s I sold. Anyway they sound fantastic, I really am enjoying them, but I gotta say, maybe its just a hot day or these cans are getting really warm on my ears. If its not just me.. are there any similar sounding cans out there that feel a little cooler on the ears? i like the fit on the 770s as well, and love the fit on akg/audio-techinicas
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
velour pads? if not, get them. the leather pads will make you sweat like no tomorrow.

no no, mine do have the velour pads.

May 7, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like you'll want some open cans
wink.gif

problem is I don't want an airy sound, I mean, are there any open cans that sound like the dt770?

May 7, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #6 of 13
yeah Open Darths lol. They are seriously fun bro. The regular closed are too hot for me too.

May 7, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah Open Darths lol. They are seriously fun bro. The regular closed are too hot for me too.

where can you get these open darths? sound like a mod

May 7, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
www.headphile.com
bring your wallet and your patience. quite a wait for the mods. i'm considering a pair at the moment myself. do a search here for "darth" or "darth beyer" and you can read for days. apparently they're well worth a little extra $$

exactly what I thought it was, yeah, any other alternatives?

May 7, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #10 of 13
Beyer dt990 are open, have almost the bass of 770's, but more treble - they're really much better cans for music than STOCK dt770. But, both really should be amped, and I didn't see any amps in you sig..

May 7, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #11 of 13
yes, beyer leather pads definitely trap alot of heat, especially in hot and humid climate (like Singapore).

i own the dt150s and i can't stand them on for fifteen minutes without taking a break.

May 7, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #12 of 13
yeah the 990s with a decent $100 amp would sound worlds better than the 770s. Better not have a bright source or else you will have to eq it a bit.

May 8, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer dt990 are open, have almost the bass of 770's, but more treble - they're really much better cans for music than STOCK dt770. But, both really should be amped, and I didn't see any amps in you sig..

Little Dot Micro+ .. I know I could use an upgrade, but hey, it works.. anyway, the DT990 seems like they would be interesting, but are they terribly lacking in bass? a lot cooler on the ears? and would my amp give them enough umph?

EDIT: read more about the DT990, not for me.. any other alternatives? maybe something by AKG or Audio-Technica that sounds like the DT770?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back