Is it hot?
Jun 26, 2006 at 8:52 AM Post #31 of 80
Wind is picking up like crazy now.

After nearly no wind throughout the day.

But the winds are coming from the East. The Heat wave might still continue for SoCal.

I can still seeing some fog roll in from the ocean. Which is good for me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2006 at 9:10 AM Post #32 of 80
About two hours ago, there was some major thunder and lightening in the Los Angeles/Culver City area

my dog started freaking out....

The weather has been very bizarre the past few weeks especially for Southern California. The air has been heavy, thick and somewhat humid, which isn't really typical for our local.

Then right after the thunder and ligtening the first summer rain I can remember in a very long time . . .

and then it stopped almost as quickly as it started just out of nowhere...

Jun 26, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #34 of 80
Rained a little last night. Now there's heavy clouds but the temperature is still somewhere in the 90s, suppose to go up over 100 today. I just want it to start raining to get rid of this humiditiy.

Jun 26, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #36 of 80
It's hot during summer time... the globe must be warming
eek.gif

I actually love summer and enjoy the heat... guess I'm strange that way but I'll take 100° every day over the cold and rain. Shorts, flip-flops, and time on the water.... ahhhhhhh that's nice! Going camping for the 4th and looks like temps here in Nor Cal are going to drop back down to the mid 80's which is fine but we usually get a couple weeks or so throughout the summer with temps in the triple digits.

Jun 26, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #37 of 80
We had summer weather and thunderstorms before summer even officially started here in Denver. We actually broke some records so far this month. We've had numerous days in the 90s and even a couple that broke 100. We have been getting some fierce thunderstorms, too. The whole state is dry and the hot weather has really pushed up the fire danger. At least we started out this week with some cooler weather and now the temperature is a bit closer to normal for this time of year. My house has no A/C but a swamp cooler does just fine, and my basement stays nice and cool with just some fans going.

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #38 of 80
LOL....I just want you to know that I was driving home this afternoon and looked at one of the largest city snow depots that exist here....yes you read perfectly right.... a freaky immense pile of snow/brown ice slowly melting away on this june 26.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Amicalement

PS
A/C permanently set at 21,5C on girlfriend orders....
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #39 of 80
They say that it was so hot in the city today, grown men were walking up to cops on street corners begging them to shoot.

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #41 of 80
It was 107 today where I live. This heat is killing me. I walk around my house all day in pajama pants enjoying the AC but afraid to go outside. Opening the door feel like opening the oven. Gross. Where is the rain?

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #42 of 80
It's HOT. Hit close to 100 F today in the Seattle area, that's like 150 in other areas.
tongue.gif
We're delicate up here.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #43 of 80
Athens, Georgia.....anywhere between 90-100 in the daytime.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #44 of 80
I was refereeing at a ref/soccer camp out in Rhode Island monday through friday, it got pretty hot. Running a couple of hour long games is torture when it's over 95 and muggy. And we were only reffing in the morning too, before it got too hot out.

Jul 22, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #45 of 80
I live in Toronto and for the last week it has been in 90s or 100. I don't have an AC and I'm totally missing our great Canadian winter. Everyday I feel that my overclocked PC is going to catch fire. I'm sick and tired of this heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back