Is it hot?
Jun 25, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #16 of 80
Mid nineties and humid is common in Houston. It's not as bad adjusting to summer heat from living in Southern California for 5 years as I had expected. You just walk slower and drink more water (and turn on the A/C).

Jun 25, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #17 of 80
It hasn't been too bad here. Mid to high 80's. I was at the weather site before coming here, and it looks like we are in for some high 90's in the next couple days. Our humidity should be a bit lower than Sacremento and Redding.

Jun 25, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #18 of 80
Psh, global warming. The CONVENIENT truth is that there is no such thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #24 of 80
Jun 25, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #26 of 80
Hey!, mentioning hot weather is partisan political discussion--not allowed on Head-Fi!
k1000smile.gif

Jun 25, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #29 of 80
I'm in Florida, of course it's hot. Registered about 104 on the car thermometer the other day, sitting in bad traffic about 5 PM.

Every summer I could easily be convinced of global warming because the heat is always a shock. Even the theory though says we're only a few degrees up over the last 2000 years or so. Good luck noticing a real warmup in your lifetime.

Oh and as Andrew Bird says, bring on the apocalypse.

"i know we're going to meet some day
in the crumbled financial institutions of this land
there will be tables and chairs
there'll be pony rides and dancing bears
there'll even be a band
cause listen, after the fall there will be no more countries
no currencies at all, we're gonna live on our wits
we're gonna throw away survival kits,
trade butterfly-knives for adderal
and that's not all
ooh-ooh, there will be snacks there will
there will be snacks, there will be snacks."

Jun 26, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #30 of 80
I went to San Fran earlier this month and it was soooo nice, about 55-65 degrees, came back to Honolulu and was blasted as soon as I got out of the terminal with 85 degree high humidity heat, and that was at night too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back