Is It Feesible to Wear the AKG K181DJ Around the Neck?
Oct 31, 2011 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

preda dater

New Head-Fier
Hello. This is my first post here, though the past week or two I've spent so much time here it feels like home.

A little background. I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser hd 380 pro's. They are pretty good, but I can't wear them around my neck. I don't like having to adjust the headband to its maximum length and push the headphones in or "backwards" to be able to hang them around my neck, and even then they are uncomfortable especially when the ear cups aren't touching and slip into overlapping. Its like wearing a massive collar. I'm refunding these to bestbuy, part of the reason I bought them was because they had them in the store. At least now they are a good temporary pair for the wait until my next arive.

I have done extensive research and basically had it narrowed down to the sennheiser hd 25-1 ii and akg k181dj for their sound quality and portability. I found them on amazon for $180 and 100, respectively. The treble was a bit rounded off of the 380 pro's, but I don't think this is an issue with either one of these. I really enjoyed the deep bass and tremendous soundstage on the 380's and this plus the $80 gap is pushing me to the 181. It's pretty much a definite that I'll get the 181, but I still wanted to hear from others on how they sat being around their neck. I don't like to stow my phones and I bring them everywhere.

My music taste varies, I'm a selective indie rock listener (lately twin sister and gang gang dance) and often go back to my roots (post-punk, classic rock, stoner metal, you name it) and am also an avid fan of grime/dubstep. The extra bass switch on the 181 has me intrigued.

thanks for responses and for being such a wonderful community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back