Is it fair to call the westone 3 ''the best built'' IEM's based on previous products?
Jan 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #31 of 55
yeh dont shut it down then admins, maybe westone 3 owners may own up to the fact they may not have the best built phones known to man lol

spad, if you was really not bothered you wouldnt post such sarcy comments, the fact that your being a prat just proves that it bothers you when complaints crop up

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh dont shut it down then admins, maybe westone 3 owners may own up to the fact they may not have the best built phones known to man lol

spad, if you was really not bothered you wouldnt post such sarcy comments, the fact that your being a prat just proves that it bothers you when complaints crop up

jinx, why don't you quit antagonising people? You do it in almost every thread you post in. You seem almost desperate for W3 cables to fail, or for someone to mention sibilance/fit issues so you can have a good laugh at other people's expense. In fact, I think you even mentioned having a good laugh about it in another thread. What's that all about?

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #33 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jinx, why don't you quit antagonising people? You do it in almost every thread you post in. You seem almost desperate for W3 cables to fail, or for someone to mention sibilance/fit issues so you can have a good laugh at other people's expense. In fact, I think you even mentioned having a good laugh about it in another thread. What's that all about?

its about people claiming they are the best built when they cannot possibly know this, ill say it once again, i certainly dont think the ''3'' is bad in any way, i really dont, in fact i think id love it, the only issue i have is when people say its something when they cant possibly know if this is true, if your another one thinking that they are the best built then ill ask you, prove it and then its all good, if you dont think its the best built then answer the question and sod off.

im not antagonising anybody, i laugh because people dont like being told they are wrong and when a ''issue'' pops up they seem to dismiss it as a one off even when it happens to 20,30 or 40 people, yet they will still dismiss it as a one off because there cant possibly be issues with them can there?

i am in no way desperate for them to fail, in fact im pretty annoyed that they do have the odd issue because its the only thing holding me back from purchasing a set, that and the fact im broke right now
L3000.gif

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #34 of 55
Quote:

Man, your posts are getting less and less literate as the day wears own. Are you okay? When you talk about "scarcy" do you mean the one in France? As for being a prat, we all need something to fall back on.
tongue.gif

BTW, I know I can count on you and Moseboy to pass the word in as many threads as possible about the W3 cables being prone to bursting into flames. I mean it's practically your civic duty, right?

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #35 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, your posts are getting less and less literate as the day wears own. Are you okay? When you talk about "scarcy" do you mean the one in France? As for being a prat, we all need something to fall back on.
tongue.gif

BTW, I know I can count on you and Moseboy to pass the word in as many threads as possible about the W3 cables being prone to bursting into flames. I mean it's practically your civic duty, right?

sorry my friend we are both from different sides of the planet i see, you see sarcy is short for sarcastic, you know...sarcasm. and prat over here on the other side of the ocean means your a nob...oh sorry nob is slang for a dick, or if you still dont understand, your a penis in disguise.
very_evil_smiley.gif
yes??

you see here on head fi im not writing an essay so i really dont give a toss if you understand my use of grammer or slang anyway.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #36 of 55
Perhaps I missed it, but does anybody recall anyone other than Jinx saying anything about the Westones being the "best made" or any variant thereof? I don't.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Perhaps I missed it, but does anybody recall anyone other than Jinx saying anything about the Westones being the "best made" or any variant thereof? I don't.

there has been many that have said the westone 3 is better built than the se530 and triple fi, and others, the specific words ''the best'' have been very lightly used, but words such as ''amazing build quality'' and ''better than others in the league'' have been used, or similar to those lines. and there have been some that say its the best built in its class.

EDIT: and let me say again i dont think the westone 3 are not made well, i just think such reservations should be made when the earphones have been on the market longer than 5 minutes dont you think, i have nothing against people saying these are well made and strong but some comments i really dont agree with, and its not because i know they are bad, its because i know it hasnt been proven yet.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #38 of 55
Quote:

too many westone 3 fans are claiming they are the best built . . . .

Lots of people say foolish or unsupported things on this forum, and this thread just gives folks with strident opinions on both sides of the issue another opportunity to fight about something that invovles a normative evaluation. This thread is almost as silly as the last 10 to 15 pages of the Sennheiser HD-800 thread. Must be something in the water lately.
k701smile.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #39 of 55
Quote:

leave me the fu*k alone

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #41 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lots of people say foolish or unsupported things on this forum, and this thread just gives folks with strident opinions on both sides of the issue another opportunity to fight about something that invovles a normative evaluation. This thread is almost as silly as the last 10 to 15 pages of the Sennheiser HD-800 thread. Must be something in the water lately.
k701smile.gif

i agree its a silly thread, as i said earlier i just wanted to make it clear that theres no way of showing the westone 3 are the best built.

i have asked for the thread to be closed in fact, because it was basically to prove my point, i expected it to die very quickly but its being boosted by the small majority of people who for some reason think its bad for me to say the westone 3 hasnt proven its rigidity yet... dont know why.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
leave me the fu*k alone

haha dont say you didnt expect the dads army to turn up?? dont tek thier comments to heart dude. its all a laff (sorry spad, laugh) and its refreshing to have an arguement now and then. you must have known it would explode into a war???? no??
popcorn.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #43 of 55
Quote:

haha dont say you didnt expect the dads army to turn up?? dont tek thier comments to heart dude. its all a laff (sorry spad, laugh) and its refreshing to have an arguement now and then. you must have known it would explode into a war???? no??
popcorn.gif

ya, sure. but if he could just go ahead and leave me the fu*k alone now... that'd be great...

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

sorry my friend we are both from different sides of the planet i see, you see sarcy is short for sarcastic, you know...sarcasm.

Well, this time I'm on your side. If Webster can invent his own dictionary I see no reason why you can't do the same!

Quote:

and prat over here on the other side of the ocean means your a nob...oh sorry nob is slang for a dick, or if you still dont understand, your a penis in disguise.
very_evil_smiley.gif
yes??

Ah, I see. Well in English, which I realize can't be your primary tongue, "prat" means buttocks. I thought I made a fine little joke when I said "we all need something to fall back on" (as in falling on our @ss). Overestimated you, I'm afraid. Sorry, Mate.

Quote:

you see here on head fi im not writing an essay so i really dont give a toss if you understand my use of grammer or slang anyway.

Well, I admit I don't understand your grammer. Hell, I don't even understand your grammar. How that for admitting one's limitations.

Honestly Jinx, I love a good battle of wits, but you seem so . . . so . . . how shall I say this . . . unarmed.
tongue.gif

G'day! (See, I have seen Crocodile Dundee--at least a few minutes of it.)

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #45 of 55
anyway I DECLARE THIS THREAD CLOSED AS OF NOW, I HAVE MADE MY POINT AND THE ARGUEMENT WILL GO ON, PERHAPS FOREVER!!

SPAD...grow up, i wasnt coming up with exact definitions because its a pointless arguement, prat has many synonyms buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass, all copied and pasted off the good old web, but none are what i would call a prat, everybody has thier own meanings for words, if i call somebody a ''see you enn tee'' for example, we all know thats the slang word for a womans vagina, yet its also used to offend people because its seen as a bad thing to say, even tho, its simply slang for what i just said.

but when i refer to somebody as a prat it usually just means they are an idiot, or a foolish stupid person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back