Is it bad to clamp your headphone on your speaker?
Jul 2, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, if you cannot see the internal like the magnet or something, its closed. Yours are closed and perhaps 2 real watts are used at the most. It shouldn't be a problem, but I still would not do it.

Get a cool looking headphone stand instead.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 6
It will never damage your headphones, but it will make your earpads flatter which is almost never a good thing.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
It will never damage your headphones, but it will make your earpads flatter which is almost never a good thing.

Yep - I agree with this.  Usually, whatever you use to store your headphones should not be putting pressure on the ear pads.  The seal around your ears is all-important - even with "open" headphones.

The only exception to this might be if the cans can be turned where the headphone is flat.  That way, it's only the weight of the drivers compressing the ear pads, instead of the clamping force of the headband.  I regularly store my Grado's flat - just like they come in the pizza boxes.  It's not such a good idea with the metal versions, though - those cans are heavy enough to compress the Grado cushions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back