Is HiVi M50W 2.1 Multimedia Speakers still a good quality speaker?
Dec 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

darksavior17

New Head-Fier
Hello,
My mistake, I posted this in the wrong thread.

My question is in regards to the HiVi M50W 2.1 Multimedia Speakers.
Is it still a good quality speaker? Would XONAR Essence STX work well with it?
With technology being obsoleted so quickly every couple years, does that apply to audio equipments (audio cards, speakers, headphones, amps)?

My second question.
I just bought the last pair of HiVi M50W speakers from NewEgg.
To me this is a red flag because on other websites that sold this speaker, the price was higher than the one on NewEgg.
This leads me to believe that either the speaker wasn't that good or I just bought a returned/refurbished/used one.
I do not have alot of experience with Newegg.
Are they reputable? Would they sell/disguise used/refurbished/defective products as new?

Regards,
DarkSavior17

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 5
i personally never used newegg buta know a lot of ppl on the steam forum buy pc stuff from there. Audio equipment do not go as obsolute as fast a cpu, gpu, and smartphones. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 5
I have purchased the Hi-Vi M-50 speaker system and I have to say I am very impressed with them. 
I have been a headphone guy (Sennheiser, Bose) with my computer setup but these speakers are sounding so good I am really amazed. The tweeters are very crisp, the midrange is very good as well as the sub.  If I go on about the sound of them I'll just come off as some kind of marketer.  As you will know when you receive them, it was money well spent. They honestly sound as good as my Sennheiser headphones. Of coure it's all about EQ, and when you do dial it all in you will not be disappointed.

May 19, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Another satisfied Swans M50W owner, here.  These speakers look and sound awesome.  Very accurate and life-like in bass, mids and treble frequencies.  Fantastic price/performance ratio.
Unfortunately my headphones are starting to feel a bit neglected, the M50W's are that good!  I recently received mine through Massdrop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back