Is highend audio evil science?
Jan 15, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #31 of 80
Try to make a dozen of posts of how USB cables / SD cards / computer optimalizations makes audible improvements on the mentioned forums. I'm personally quite sure after a couple hundred posts in a short period of time they wouldn't be so nice with you.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #32 of 80
LOL

Am I supposed to be surprised that Reddit and AA are consuming your posts without appropriate technical scrutiny?

If you simply want subjective opinions masquerading as knowledgeable responses, I'm sure those two sites are superb resources for you.

Here's where I think you're struggling. You are receiving technically correct answers here that don't fit your sales objectives and preconceived notions. That you refer to that as negativity only highlights the reality that you aren't searching for the right answer, but instead are searching for opinions that right or wrong, agree with your ideas about audio reproduction.

Good luck. I'll await the next thread about green markers improving CD audio playback.

Since when does zis has anything to do with my business? I'm talking about highend audiophile not cheap software that cost like Jitterbug. You're way too much biased about this and I'm sure there's also good objectivist out there somewhere in Head-Fi, though it might be harder to find than AA and Reddit.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #33 of 80
  Try to make a dozen of posts of how USB cables / SD cards / computer optimalizations makes audible improvements on the mentioned forums. I'm personally quite sure after a couple hundred posts in a short period of time they wouldn't be so nice with you.

They're not talking with me to begin with. Do you read the thread? They're discussing the ideas I brought into forum. But yeah, if they have bad prejudge against me like some of guys here, it could be that way.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 80
Watch your backs ladies and gents! This sudden influx of audiophile audiophoolery throughout the sound science forums can mean only one thing... They're up to something and they're trying desperately to keep you distracted!
I predict the imminent release of a patented carrier bag full of dirty twigs which has unique physics defying properties. It's going to take your listening to a whole new level of high end awesome.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #35 of 80
LOL

Am I supposed to be surprised that Reddit and AA are consuming your posts without appropriate technical scrutiny?

If you simply want subjective opinions masquerading as knowledgeable responses, I'm sure those two sites are superb resources for you.

Here's where I think you're struggling. You are receiving technically correct answers here that don't fit your sales objectives and preconceived notions. That you refer to that as negativity only highlights the reality that you aren't searching for the right answer, but instead are searching for opinions that right or wrong, agree with your ideas about audio reproduction.

Good luck. I'll await the next thread about green markers improving CD audio playback.

Since when does zis has anything to do with my business? I'm talking about highend audiophile not cheap software that cost like Jitterbug. You're way too much biased about this and I'm sure there's also good objectivist out there somewhere in Head-Fi, though it might be harder to find than AA and Reddit.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I'm biased? Please point out posts I've made where I'm biased and what specific bias you see there. At the risk of repeating myself, you treat anyone who disagrees with you as "biased".

That you find Reddit, AA, and the non Sound Science forums more objective than here is, um, interesting....

A suggestion: don't ask questions if you don't want answers that may not support your preconceived notions, particularly if you lack the data to support your positions.

I'll stop here, because if I go any further assessing what's going on, the mods will likely (and correctly) have to step in.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #36 of 80
  Hey. What about your albums? Come on, I'm going to purchase audio works done by you ...

You really think I'm going to divulge my identity to someone giving every indication of being a troll? And, there's a pretty good chance you've already purchased and heard work I've created or contributed to.

Quote:
  Since when does zis has anything to do with my business?

Oh come on now, you don't really think we're all that stupid/naive do you? All the threads you've started on this forum recently have either been pseudo-science or just pure nonsense to spark an argument (IE. trolling) or related directly to what your product professes to "cure".

G

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #37 of 80
Jan 15, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #38 of 80

They're not talking with me to begin with. Do you read the thread? They're discussing the ideas I brought into forum. But yeah, if they have bad prejudge against me like some of guys here, it could be that way.

I"ve read the audioasylum link and it seems to me like they are talking with you.

Dear gentlemen,

I think that depends on community. I'm posting the same thread in reddit and audioasylum too as you can see here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/5o2psx/is_highend_audio_evil_science/
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=pcaudio&m=162513

And I think those two communities are engaging in more positive manner than in Head-Fi Sound Science forum. Don't you agree, dear gentleman?

I don't know how the linked forums work but as far as I know in this particular sub-forum of head-fi if you say this sounds better than that, you can get "called out" to demonstrate it. It either means a blind test or some measurements at least. What you don't realize is that if you are refusing to do blind tests and say that blind test is a bad method  then you are on the wrong sub-forum of head-fi to begin with. This may be a considerable reason of why people aren't being more positive towards you.

I wll try to stay away from posting here until I have something to say something about the original topic instead of this completely unrelated post.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #39 of 80

I don't know how the linked forums work but as far as I know in this particular sub-forum of head-fi if you say this sounds better than that, you can get "called out" to demonstrate it. It either means a blind test or some measurements at least. What you don't realize is that if you are refusing to do blind tests and say that blind test is a bad method  then you are on the wrong sub-forum of head-fi to begin with. This may be a considerable reason of why people aren't being more positive towards you.

WindowsX is well aware of the emphasis this part of Head Fi places on data.

He didn't post here by accident as part of some misunderstanding.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #40 of 80

Oh come on now, you don't really think we're all that stupid/naive do you? All the threads you've started on this forum recently have either been pseudo-science or just pure nonsense to spark an argument (IE. trolling) or related directly to what your product professes to "cure".

G

Getting cold feet, aren't we? I nicely asked about your works so you can prove your theory with your action. By the way, I didn't state any of my personal opinion in this topic. I only agree or disagree with you guys' comments so far. If it appears to be trolling, maybe opinions shared here don't matter much. Other places don't seem to have this problem.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #41 of 80
  maybe opinions shared here don't matter much. 

Correct.  Opinions don't count for much here.  Data does.

It's a counter-balance for the fact that the rest of Head Fi is a DBT-free zone -- talking about blind listening tests can get you in trouble with the mods in other forums.

Here it is the opposite.

But you know this already.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #42 of 80

Correct.  Opinions don't count for much here.  Data does.

It's a counter-balance for the fact that the rest of Head Fi is a DBT-free zone -- talking about blind listening tests can get you in trouble with the mods in other forums.

Here it is the opposite.

But you know this already.

Where's data in this thread? Show me.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #43 of 80

Where's data in this thread? Show me.

This entire thread is not subject to data because it's about "evil".

It's inappropriate and should be deleted.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #44 of 80

This entire thread is not subject to data because it's about "evil".

It's inappropriate and should be deleted.

If you think highend audio is evil science, shouldn't you show data to backup your claims as a scientist rather than doing witch hunt? I already said highend stuff doesn't have scientific evidence to backup its performance so I'm asking for information here. Your behavior doesn't look really like a scientist right now.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #45 of 80
Does anyone know why there's no smiley available of a troll wearing headphones? Is it possible to somehow vote for one?
BTW, sorry if this is off-topic but to be honest I'm not sure if it is off-topic, isn't this whole thread about trolling?
confused.gif

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back