Is Hifiman really selling the HE-R10 D for $399?
Nov 21, 2023 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number

Attachments

• HE-R10D.JPG
    HE-R10D.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 10
HiFiMAN are known to do some quite crazy price cuts during their products lifespan. Not sure sales figures are involved to be honest, I mean, the HE1000SE had been lowered by $1000US, even though I think it sells quite well.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 10
This might be a bit more steep than usual, but this is kinda just Hifiman's act. Release a lot of models, move them in a fire sale after they've been on the market a bit, release new models with minor improvements. This is why you don't jump at every incremental upgrade they make or buy a Hifiman for resale value lol

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 10
Brand new $1299 headphone for $399? Did HE-R10D really sell that poorly?

https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/he-r10d.html
I wouldnt say so much that they are selling a 1299 headphone for 400 but more like they tried to sell a 400 headphone for 1299. I havent heard it but Ive read and watched everything about it and people seem to think that 400 is way more appropriate price for it than the original absurd one.

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 10
This might be a bit more steep than usual, but this is kinda just Hifiman's act. Release a lot of models, move them in a fire sale after they've been on the market a bit, release new models with minor improvements. This is why you don't jump at every incremental upgrade they make or buy a Hifiman for resale value lol
tell that to the people trying to sell them secondhand for more than new price!. Been looking for arya's but every local seller is asking more than hifiman themselves, and here it also comes with much needed warranty

Nov 30, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #9 of 10
tell that to the people trying to sell them secondhand for more than new price!. Been looking for arya's but every local seller is asking more than hifiman themselves, and here it also comes with much needed warranty

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 10
That's most likely because VAT and taxes are added when buying locally. The prices on HiFiMAN's page does not reflect this, so they should be lower than what your local dealers can sell for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back