Is HeadAmp A reputable Company?
Dec 9, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #16 of 60
EDIT: This doesn't actually apply to HeadAmp.
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably because non-brainy people think that one can resume a train of thought immediately after answering an IM/email/phone call. :) One can be interrupt-driven and not make progress or one filters the inputs to get things done.

Love the dig :)

There are 3 types of people who cannot answer emails in a reasonable time.
  • Complete retards
  • People not familar with emails and a telephone [see 1]
  • People who are so engrossed in whatever they are doing that they cannot reply to emails or return phone calls. Often these people are sciency people. I get sms replies like a week after I sent it when my friends finally decide to reply.
Sorry but to suggest that this type of business practice is good because things get done is hogwash. Taking 1 hour of your day to reply to emails and return phone calls would be better business practice.

~ non-brainy person.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
look im not going to turn this into a flame war, but get your facts straight. once a customer PAYS you for a SERVICE than the BEST thing YOU THE OWNER can do IS CONTACT that person after THEY HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO CONTCT YOU VIA PHONE AND EMAIL OVER A THREE DAY PERIOD TO work out the shipping complications and whatnot.

I appreciate Justin and his great products. I also believe deep down that he is a very reputable guy?company?artist if you will. But it is hard to beleive that he is not able to use a phone or email in 72hrs for a one minute correspondence to clarify some minor issues.

Justin if you read this just know that this is not to accuse you of any wrongdoing on your part nor do I beleive that you are avoiding your responsibility. just know that I would appreciate a phone call.

Sorry, I was traveling Friday through Monday, and today I was also traveling and at a machine shop. I just got in. But I can't be sure I will contact you because I can't match ibis99 with a name or phone #

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 9, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #18 of 60
Folks, as many people (including myself) have pointed out before, there is no reason to panic if Justin doesn't get back to you right away. He hasn't taken your money and fled to Hong Kong; he's just very busy. On top of what is probably a fairly high volume of regular business, he also has to contend with the impending launch of the Pico Slim. While it's a shame that he doesn't get back to some people in a timely manner, the fact that he remains a rather active member of these forums (especially for a MOT) ought to give you some indication that he isn't going anywhere. I don't intend any disrespect to the OP, as I've been where he's been with quite a few companies in the past. Getting frustrated when a business doesn't get back to you is a very normal reaction. But I would encourage everyone in general to take a few deep breaths before you take to the Head-Fi forums and start bellowing your outrage. And if you do want to get his attention via Head-Fi, what's the harm in doing it in a non-incendiary way?

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 60
Yeah true, if there was a company I'd give my money to and forget about it and relax, it would be with HeadAmp.

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Valens7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Folks, as many people (including myself) have pointed out before, there is no reason to panic if Justin doesn't get back to you right away. He hasn't taken your money and fled to Hong Kong; he's just very busy. On top of what is probably a fairly high volume of regular business, he also has to contend with the impending launch of the Pico Slim. While it's a shame that he doesn't get back to some people in a timely manner, the fact that he remains a rather active member of these forums (especially for a MOT) ought to give you some indication that he isn't going anywhere. I don't intend any disrespect to the OP, as I've been where he's been with quite a few companies in the past. Getting frustrated when a business doesn't get back to you is a very normal reaction. But I would encourage everyone in general to take a few deep breaths before you take to the Head-Fi forums and start bellowing your outrage. And if you do want to get his attention via Head-Fi, what's the harm in doing it in a non-incendiary way?

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents.

I agree completely with your statement. But let me say this. I sell very expensive, complicated products and have a large customer base. I work out of an office. I work out of my house, I work out of an airplane, I work out of my bathroom, I work off the park bench and grocery line. The point is I contact my customer to confirm thier order. I then follow up 2 days after delivery to ensure there satisfaction. I then call the two months later and the every six months after that.
Now even I admit that that would be excessive in most cases in many cases including this one. But any form of response within 24-48 hours would be the right thing to do.
I'll say it again. Justin is probably a great guy and certainly has a stellar reputation on this forum which I'm sure he deserves. But me being a new customer who has never dealt with him, and being the anal sales pro I am I expect top notch customer service.

Once again I am sorry to have started this post, and no one should consider my experience as the norm considering HeadAmp.
So my appologies to Justin, but I would have prefer better communication from the beginning.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #21 of 60
There's a huge difference between just selling a product and designing, manufacturing, marketing and selling a product. I'm sure if Justin was just a salesman he would have the time to be as "anal" as you are.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically Headamp needs 1 person to be the sales person so Justin can focus on other things.

His prices would have to go up considerably...

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His prices would have to go up considerably...

It's never a win win situation.

Seeing people are already whinning over the recent increases, I'm sure they would not want yet another increase. I'm not saying you employ someone full time to handle the sales front - the volume probably is too low.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #26 of 60
As far as I can suss out, HeadAmp are all of the above, but build very good products and stand by their work. Justin is snowed under the delayed release of the Slim, but has continually made waves with his home and portable amps. Plus, smashing design.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 60
Isnt this where the husband/wife team normally comes to the fore ? It might be sexist, but I've often found that women handle the comms side better than their other half (the grumpy bugger who actually has to produce whatever it is they are selling), but I've seen this model in everything from car repairs to horticulture. Both people realise how important it is to look after customers, he gets to concentrate on what he does best. If HeadAmp doesnt bring in enough money to support something like this, they probably need to look at their business model. I dont want to pay more for amps either, but I'd also like to think that the guy who built my amp was able to dedicate his energies to that task.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #28 of 60
Well all is well as I've finally heard from Justin. He seems like a really nice guy and explained that he has been away for a few days.
On a similar note I just ordered a pair of SE530's from HeadRoom (dam this hobby is making me poor). I immediately received an auto generated email confirming my order and providing full details. Seems to me like a great idea.
I can totally understand if HeadAmp does not employ a CS Rep, but MS Outlook may be the way to go.

I'll say it for the upteenth time, I'm sorry I started this thread and hope that my poor judgement does not cause any problems for HeadAmp- not that I have that much power anyway.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EDIT: This doesn't actually apply to HeadAmp.

Love the dig :)

There are 3 types of people who cannot answer emails in a reasonable time.
  • Complete retards
  • People not familar with emails and a telephone [see 1]
  • People who are so engrossed in whatever they are doing that they cannot reply to emails or return phone calls. Often these people are sciency people. I get sms replies like a week after I sent it when my friends finally decide to reply.
Sorry but to suggest that this type of business practice is good because things get done is hogwash. Taking 1 hour of your day to reply to emails and return phone calls would be better business practice.

~ non-brainy person.

Actually studies show that everyone takes 20 minutes to get back to the level of concentration they had before the interruption of a phone call, IM, email, etc. Basically he's a one man shop who took some time off and went to the Florida meet. His picture is in the tread is how I know this. So you're basically saying that someone who takes a couple of days off is a horrible businessman. That attitude can make people miserable in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back