Is google evil? Will they be soon?
Nov 2, 2005 at 1:34 PM Post #16 of 29
It's another bubble. You would think people learned absolutely nothing from 2001.
rolleyes.gif
In time Google's bubble will burst, the bears will take their share and the common stock-holder will lose his shirt. Lay-offs will happen, and they'll be greatly humbled.

Nov 2, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Oh noes! They stoledd my MeGAHURTZ!

megahurtz.jpg

wink.gif

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #19 of 29
I see Google as the shining light in the darkness we call the internet. Seriously though, I'm a big fan. Their search engine is ridiculous, google maps is awesome, news.google.com is my homepage and rocks, and I could play with Google Earth for hours. All their other features are pretty sweet too. Plus it's awesome that they have Microsoft shaking in their boots right now.

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
I see Google as the shining light in the darkness we call the internet. Seriously though, I'm a big fan. Their search engine is ridiculous, google maps is awesome, news.google.com is my homepage and rocks, and I could play with Google Earth for hours. All their other features are pretty sweet too. Plus it's awesome that they have Microsoft shaking in their boots right now.

Not to mention that Google's ORKUT is the best social network there is, now with well over 10 million people in it!

Nov 2, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #21 of 29
A11 0ur Br0w5eRs b31ong t0 g00g13!

I've got no problems with google, and half the links you posted are really irrelevant. If you follow the slashdot discussion about googledvr, you'll find that the site isnt, or at least wasn't owned by google at the time of that discussion's posting, so I wouldn't be worried about that. and psssshhhh, psychic google!
I personally agree with google's push in everything. It creates healthy competition that M$ needs.
Just my 2 cents.

Nov 2, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #22 of 29
Well, I think corporate monopoly is a much bigger threat/evil than the spying/invasion of privacy issue when it comes to Google.

I think each new generation will grow up more wise about how to keep personal information private from Big Brother (as much as is possible, that is).

But corporate monopoly is not good for anyone. It destroys free markets, and start-up companies. As was said, it is sometimes only a bubble waiting to burst and then drown many of us in the fallout.

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #23 of 29
You all are talking bunk. Google is our friend. We like to share with our friends. When you have Google as a friend, things like social security numbers, sexual preferences, and tax returns no longer need to be kept secret. Why shouldn't Google know about them? After all, they're our friend. Won't you let Google be your friend, too?

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
You all are talking bunk. Google is our friend. We like to share with our friends. When you have Google as a friend, things like social security numbers, sexual preferences, and tax returns no longer need to be kept secret. Why shouldn't Google know about them? After all, they're our friend. Won't you let Google be your friend, too?

Define "friend".

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Define "friend".

Thank you for your cooperation. You have been marked as a dissident and are scheduled for termination.

Are there any others who dare defy the Power of God^H^H^HGoogle?

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Thank you for your cooperation. You have been marked as a dissident and are scheduled for termination.

Are there any others who dare defy the Power of God^H^H^HGoogle?

Holy crap I knew it . . steph is really google in disguise!!!

Nov 3, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Holy crap I knew it . . steph is really google in disguise!!!

We are all Google. When you let Google be your friend, you realize that everything you do should be done for the good of Google. Anything to the contrary only delays the inevitable, glorious day where Google is loved and accepted by all.

Nov 3, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 29
i love google, i could never speak against them, google is my friend

-somewhere in the google software right now...
Code:

Code:
[left]No1likesme := gets_to_live_when_we_take_over;[/left]

Nov 3, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 29
i voted for google for president as a write-in candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back