Is buying Rocoo P right for me?
Aug 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HIFU

New Head-Fier
Hi,

After trying out Sony MDR-V6, Ultrasone 2400, I met my M50. It is very comfortable and sounds great. Now I want to get a better portable source. Running Flac files on Sansa Clip Zip is good enough but...I really like the look of Rocoo P and it seems to be a worthy upgrade.

I listen to mainly pop and country music. I liked the sound of MDR V6 too but M50 feels more spacious to me. Ultrasone 2400 is too cold and "spiky". For a beginner like me, will Rocoo P be a good choice? It seems to have a good amp already so I guess adding Fiio E11 on top is meaningless, right?

Thanks for any hints and advices.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #2 of 8
wont need an amp if u have the roocooP.
i much prefer the studioV becos of its endlessssssssssssssss batterylife.

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #4 of 8
fat is beautiful.....looking at my waist.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 8
lol then HIFIman 801 seems good 
L3000.gif
 jk jk      

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 8
I just wanted to post about my bad experience with Hisoundaudio. I ordered the Rocoo P at the end of October, I did not get it till the end of December(was supposed to get it in 15 days). To my surprise when I took the device out of the box it made a rattling noise as if something was loose inside. I managed to turn it on but when I inserted my headphone jack the device shut down and needed to be reset and plugged into the pc in order to restart. I found that keeping it plugged into the pc allowed me to listen to the awesome sound of the flac files I loaded. but anytime I had it unplugged even after charging all night it would randomly shut down with the slightest movement requiring the reset connect to pc to get it going again. It finally just died and would not turn on no matter what I did.. this all after the 3rd day with the unit. I contacted Jack at high sound who said the rattling is unusual and I can return it for repair. Not  wanting to wait another 2 to 3 months for it I asked if they can send me a new one as my device was defective. he said that it has been discontinued and offered me a discount on the new Nova n1 but I would still have to send the rocoo p in for repair and pay $20 for the service. I do not think I should have to pay for a repair plus shipping on a defective device. I asked for a refund. Jack sent an email saying I could not get a refund just pay for the repair or live with the defective device.  
I have read lots of good reviews about the rocoo products, and jack's business practice. I guess I got the bad luck this time. so be aware that if you need service be prepared to pay and wait for it.
I will look into other mp3 dac to purchase and find someone local who can fix the rocoo p. as I am done with hisoundaudio.com
any suggestions for someone in or near the New York area who can fix the rocoo p?
Thanks all 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back