Is Ayre QB9 Twenty worth upgrading?
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Romarin

New Head-Fier
Hello, several years have passed since I bought my first headset, and now I am gradually replacing the equipment I use.

I now have about seven amplifiers and a few Bayer and Sennheiser headphones.
At now, the DAC is also switched to RME's ADI-2, which brings me more details and low-frequencies.

I want to know if I still need to leave the Ayre QB-9 DSD and upgrade it to the Twenty version.
Has anyone compared the upgraded version?
Is it worth it? Thanks!

Apr 2, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #2 of 3
I had my QB-9 DSD upgraded to the Twenty version last October. The upgrade is a complete replacement of the audio board. Well worth the upgrade cost in my opinion. I also have a Qutest, and much prefer the QB-9 Twenty.

The Computer Audiophile (Audiophile Style) has had both the DSD and Twenty versions in house since January - I expect it might not be that long before he publishes a comparison / review.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 3
I had my QB-9 DSD upgraded to the Twenty version last October. The upgrade is a complete replacement of the audio board. Well worth the upgrade cost in my opinion. I also have a Qutest, and much prefer the QB-9 Twenty.

The Computer Audiophile (Audiophile Style) has had both the DSD and Twenty versions in house since January - I expect it might not be that long before he publishes a comparison / review.

The review is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back