Is AudiophileProducts.com out of business?
Sep 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sleach

New Head-Fier
Audiophileproducts.com is not responding to emails or phone calls.

I bought a couple of amps from AudiophileProducts.com in July. It arrived and it was fine but I found a better amp second-hand so I wrote to Audiophile products to get authorisation to return for a refund. 

Almost a month has passed since I returned them and got confirmation from the courier that they picked up the amp. But no refund and no response to any emails or phone calls. Now their mailbox is bouncing and their message inbox is full.

I guess they are out of business.

So I suggest you do not order anything from Audiophileproducts.com

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #2 of 9
Thanks for letting us know. Something wrong is happening there. 

Sep 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 9
I will try the Paypal refund option.

I have been trying to get through on sales@audiophileproducts.com and support@audiophileproducts.com and I have an email for Todd as well. 

This morning I got "mailbox quota exceeded" responses for each of those addresses. That is what made me really concerned. I understand that some of these businesses are essentially one-person operations so I don't get too stressed if it takes a while for them to respond, especially with things like refunds. But broken phone numbers and non-working emails are not a great sign. 

I hope they are not out of business. I will let you know if I hear back from them.

Sep 13, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 9
FYI:  The business is located in Red Deer, which is about an hour drive from Calgary, according to the Alberta Gov business code 1217195. Whois lookup links to a proxy so the business does not own the domain, they just use it for an online store. I suppose the order-taking department is very attentive while the customer-service dept. has better things to do.

Sep 14, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #7 of 9
I asked Firestone if Audiophile was out of business. A Sales Manager replied email that they had no contact with Audiophile and were planning to find a new dealer for North America.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #8 of 9
[size=10pt]Great, I put a 1200$ order in on 8/8.  Todd called a few days later to tell me a few Items were backordered, but he didn't mention indefinitely.  [/size]
[size=10pt]I have tried several times since then to get an update on my order, to no avail.   I guess I will need to contact Visa’s fraud department.[/size]
[size=10pt]I hope Firestone finds a new North American dealer soon,  I was looking forward to getting those products.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back