Is anything more fun than the Grado SR60?
Mar 4, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Oh, i know, but i still liked it though...

oh, ok. i was just worried that i had unintentionally insulted Sinbios. zing away, recstar24, zing away
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by geardoc
Is Anything more fun than the Grado SR60?

Playing HALO 2 on XBOX live, with your friends, is more fun.

I found the SR225 great and very fun sounding. They need good amplification though.

Mar 4, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #18 of 21
My def. of a "fun" phone - something that lets you enjoy the music instead of analyzing it. You'd be surprised how many do the latter, especially when getting new, better gear. Thiis includes me, at times.

Quote:

Playing HALO 2 on XBOX live, with your friends, is more fun.

Hanging out & flirting with the cute girls at school beats videogames and headphones. And I like playing videogames and listening to headphones. Man, college has some perks. =)

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 21
aww man i miss college. Fun for me is just listening to music without worrying about am i hearing this right? Every headphone, in my opinion, can be fun if people just listen although some cans just makes it easier. SR60 is great cans for the price, nothing in its price range come close.

Mar 4, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
have you heard Grados? if not, you'll understand as soon as you do.

What he said.

If you've not tried the Grado's here is my experience:

When I put on any of my other phones and listen to Rock or Jazz, the music is
nice to listen to. But when I put on the Grados, my feet start tapping. The music is in my face and can't be ignored. Maybe its just really bright and colored, as some people say, but with my head bobbing and my feet tapping, I don't care about the frequency response curve.

Mar 4, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 21
I own both the SR60 and the SR225. With the vwap-modded Senn 414 pads on them, the SR225 are the most fun way I've found to date to listen to music. I also own the AKG K501 - the sound of which I sip slowly and savor, the ER6 - which often amaze me with their intimacy, and the ER4S - which take the ER6 to the next level of amazement and transport. But fun - as in tapping my foot and otherwise moving in emotionally releasing ways in time to the music - that's where the SR225 take me, and to a slightly lesser degree, the SR60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back