Is anything more fun than the Grado SR60?
Mar 3, 2005 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

geardoc

100+ Head-Fier
Is there really anything more fun than some rock or jazz (or maybe rap
or techno..) on a set of Grado SR60's?

With all the phones that you've tried, is there anything else that comes close in fun factor?

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 21
225's maybe, but not that much! Grado 60's are as fun if not more fun than rs-1's, the lack of detail actually makes it a balanced can on my ears, so it is really easy just to fall in with the music and not think about anything else, which is the definition of fun IMO

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
225's maybe, but not that much! ...

Those are exactly the ones I was thinking about. I've not tried them, but reading a review today on a web site I started dreaming about lightening my
wallet, but then it occured to me: what if I'm already there and don't need to go any furthur? How much happier can a headfier be?

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by geardoc
Those are exactly the ones I was thinking about. I've not tried them, but reading a review today on a web site I started dreaming about lightening my
wallet, but then it occured to me: what if I'm already there and don't need to go any furthur? How much happier can a headfier be?

Well, all i know is if i had your setup with all those options for cans, i would be more than happy, if anything, i wouldnt even have to go out with all those options! Fun fun fun

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
225's maybe, but not that much! Grado 60's are as fun if not more fun than rs-1's, the lack of detail actually makes it a balanced can on my ears, so it is really easy just to fall in with the music and not think about anything else, which is the definition of fun IMO

Then you better get ready because the rs-1 and hr-2 are gonna kick your ass and take your name....

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Then you better get ready because the rs-1 and hr-2 are gonna kick your ass and take your name....

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
i don't quite understand "fun" as a description for sound. "her voice is velvety", you can say, but "her voice is fun" tells us nothing about her voice.

have you heard Grados? if not, you'll understand as soon as you do.

Mar 4, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
no, but i thought the whole point of describing the sound of the 'phones is so people who haven't heard it can have a general idea of what it sounds like...

sometimes descriptions don't work for people that haven't experienced what is being desbribed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back