Is anyone "unhappy" with their Super.fi 5 Pro?
Jun 5, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #16 of 21
Sound-wise they're ok, the extra bass makes it sound a little like they've got a blanket over them, but they're listenable. My main problem with them is that there's a ton of noise without the attenuator with everything I've ever plugged them into. So yeah, I kinda wish I'd sent them back.

Jun 5, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #17 of 21
I love the sound but I wouldn't really recommend it since I have had the driver housing crack on 3 different headphones. Maybe I am unlucky but just beware of the possiblity.

Jun 5, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #18 of 21
Their treble roll-off and emphasized bass is disconcerting if you use them from a decent source without EQ, but in a way, their sound signature almost designed to complement the weaknesses of portable players.

I personally don't find them as comfortable as the shure canal phones, which is why I'd never consider purchasing UE generic fit products.

-Matt

Jun 5, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #19 of 21
I really liked the Super.fi 5 pro. The sound signature is very "fun", but still accurate enough to satisfy the hi-fi enthusiast. Maybe not the extremists, because I feel they did have a bit of a veil to the mids and no sparkly grado highs, either. But they are powerful IEMs, and they certainly have commanding bass and GOOD mids and highs. I wouldn't say exceptional as it's not their strong point, but you shouldn't be disappointed on the whole, if you're anything like me. (heh, what are those chances?)

Fit and finish was great, imo. They are large, yes, but quite comfortable. They don't go as deep as etymotics, but thats just what they are.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #20 of 21
The sound wasn't too bad for me. It was the comfort that made me return them. No matter what tip I tried they were just too much for my ears. I eventually settled with the CX300 which was a good compromise with sound and comfort for me. My only gripe is its lacking in the upper ranges for me.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
I really liked the Super.fi 5 pro. The sound signature is very "fun", but still accurate enough to satisfy the hi-fi enthusiast. Maybe not the extremists, because I feel they did have a bit of a veil to the mids and no sparkly grado highs, either. But they are powerful IEMs, and they certainly have commanding bass and GOOD mids and highs. I wouldn't say exceptional as it's not their strong point, but you shouldn't be disappointed on the whole, if you're anything like me. (heh, what are those chances?)

Fit and finish was great, imo. They are large, yes, but quite comfortable. They don't go as deep as etymotics, but thats just what they are.

that's a good summary.

PROS: they come with 2 nice cases (the metal one is best in class), attenuator and mini-to1/4" adapter, which is a lot more than Shure give syou, a littl emore than Ety, so I consider them cheaper than Er-4S or E4c.

CONS: QC issues, the memory wire took a lot of messing with, cuz they get bent out of shape when mush them into the case, and they don't have that reference sound with carefully recorded piano, acoustic guitar, chamber music. Larger diameter barrel (the part the tip goes on) than Shure, ety or Westone (which are kinda interchangeable tipwise), so you have to use their tips. Some people have had fit issue with the larger barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back