Is anyone interested in a Minnesota meet?
Jan 22, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #31 of 72
REPLY from Society President:

Quote:

What a great idea! I'm so glad you thought of ASM (Audio Soc. of MN) as a
group you would be interested to hold a joint meeting with. Headphone
setups have not been the focus of a ASM meeting in the time that I have been a member, and possibly not ever before that. It might even turn out that one or more ASM members could bring in equipment that would be new to your group.

Such a meeting would not work well on the same evening as the scheduled Feb. Bel Canto meeting. Between John Stronczer's presentation, Q&A, and a good demo of the gear Bel Canto is bringing, this will be a quite full evening.
Please know, however, that you and all members of your group who would care to attend would be warmly welcomed at this meeting.

What do you think of devoting a full evening for a combined ASM/Headphone
Group meeting? We usually meet on a Tuesday between 7-9/9:30 P.M. As Paul stated, a Bel Canto DAC2 is always on hand. Perhaps in April?

Thanks again, Henry

frown.gif
- So, it wont happen at the February meeting, but April isn't too far away. Would give us a bit more time to plan and maybe get some more gear sent from vendors, and also publicize it a bit more to the Audio Society members so that they could also bring gear. I guess the Audio Society owns a DAC2, so they would always have that as well. What do you think guys? Discuss, and I will reply to Henry and try to get something arranged.

Jan 22, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #32 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow
What do you think guys? Discuss, and I will reply to Henry and try to get something arranged.

Take his offer; we'll make it work. I think I'll go to their February meeting and give them the sniff test anyway.
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #33 of 72
April actually works better for me.

Back to work!

ok,
eric

Jan 23, 2005 at 12:02 AM Post #37 of 72
This sounds great!

Would be great to meet y'all, and play w/ some fun toys!

All my stuff is portable - so maybe not too impressive, but would be happy to share.

I could bring: iPod, JMT Pimeta, Xin V3, Ety ER-4P /S, Grado SR-225, Senn HD-25-1, custom cables & iPod external battery packs.

Jan 25, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #38 of 72
Assuming there is no gear change by then, I'll have an EMU 0404 > Gilmore Lite > HD650 modded w/ 2" deep, self made woodies as well as Alessandro MS-2 w/ vwap pads, but I may sell the MS-2 before then.

Jan 29, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #40 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
count me in
smily_headphones1.gif
, but only around university campus...

Where on campus do you live exactly? Whats your major btw? Id love to come check out your gear. (dont worry I wont break or borrow)

Jan 29, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #41 of 72
my first post....

Most of my stuff is portable. I could bring HD-600's w/Cardas, sr-71, total bithead, sr-225's, and Musical Fidelity X-10 v3 tube buffer (I love what it does for the sound from my ipod line out).

Jan 30, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #43 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaied
Where on campus do you live exactly? Whats your major btw? Id love to come check out your gear. (dont worry I wont break or borrow)

i am in dinkytown, drop me a pm and come over. i will host a campus mini meet if anyone's interested...fri to sun anytime.

Jan 30, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #44 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
i am in dinkytown, drop me a pm and come over. i will host a campus mini meet if anyone's interested...fri to sun anytime.

I'm game. This semester i'm over on the gaza strip.

As for April, sounds fantastic. Keep us posted.

I'll be more than happy to bring along my Porta Cordaand 4Ss. Depending on how things go i might have my SR60s all fixed up and possibly a power source for my amp to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back