Is anyone interested in a Minnesota meet?
Jan 19, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 72
God damn you all, who will host it? I'm in now, btw.

Jan 19, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 72
anyone know of a store in, say, downtown Minneapolis where I could audition headphones? I am torn between some senns and grado's, but being as I have never heard either I don't know which sound I would prefer.

Jan 19, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #19 of 72
i can (try to) host, but my apartment is very small so it has to be a 'university of minnesota mini meet' or something like that. i can't have 10 guys inside my apartment.

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #20 of 72
Location, Location, Location! That is the question.

I could possibly host something on a Sat or Sunday at where I work.

I work on Highway 169 just south of Shakopee. Probably about 45 minute drive from the UofM in OK traffic.

I would have to know at least a couple weeks ahead of time though to get the OK for me to use the office like this.

SEE NEXT POST - I HAVE A BETTER IDEA!!!

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #21 of 72
Actually - I just thought of an even better idea - maybe?

I haven't attended a meeting myself in over a year, but I am a member of the Audio Society of Minnesota. I bet that this could maybe be arranged as a part of one of their regular meetings that they have at the Pavek Museum of Broadcasting in St. Louis Park. They have plenty of room at the Pavek - plus their is a bunch of other old Audio stuff that some of you might be interested in as a bonus.

AND - BIG BONUS HERE - The feature at their next meeting is Bel Canto - I bet we could get them to bring a couple DAC2s along with another source or two for us to try if we asked nicely.

The next Audio Society meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 15th at 7:00 PM (sorry, they always have their meetings on Tuesdays). But it is much closer for you downtown guys.

Here is their web site - Ausio Society of Minnesota

Let me know (ASAP) and I could contact someone to see if this is a possibility.

Jan 21, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #22 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow
I haven't attended a meeting myself in over a year, but I am a member of the Audio Society of Minnesota. I bet that this could maybe be arranged as a part of one of their regular meetings that they have at the Pavek Museum of Broadcasting in St. Louis Park. They have plenty of room at the Pavek - plus their is a bunch of other old Audio stuff that some of you might be interested in as a bonus.
Let me know (ASAP) and I could contact someone to see if this is a possibility.

Good idea! Let me know if I can help facilitate.

Jan 21, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #23 of 72
This is a sweet idea!

Dammit - I gotta finish an amp or two by then....

ok,
erix

Jan 21, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #24 of 72
OK, I will make a couple of calls and see if this is doable.

Will post when I know anything.

I have never done a meet myself, or know what is involved in hosting, etc...

So fill me in and I welcome any help in arranging anything else that would need to be done.

Jan 21, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #25 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow
I have never done a meet myself, or know what is involved in hosting, etc...

Me neither, but it seems like it could go several different ways. It's always better when everybody intends on contributing and nobody just plans to ride the saw. First off, we get a bunch of folks together who are into headphone high fidelity. Secondly, folks can bring their hardware for other folks to hear. Some coordination as to what is brought to reduce redundancy would seem like a good idea. We should all be committed to making sure everybody's equipment and music is kept safe and sound for the owners. Thirdly, with the MN Audio Society, there will be a bunch of folks already into audio and we can take turns getting into each others' wallets.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #26 of 72
Well, I would be more than happy to bring a pair of Ety ER-4p (with clean tips of course). That's the only piece of "audiophile" gear I have at the moment... I know what I want, just have to get the money. Let me know if you guys want me to bring them.

I'd be intereasted in audition some HD650s is anyone happens to have them...

Jan 22, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #27 of 72
Wow, sweet! I didn't even know that the Audio Society of Minnesota existed. Since I don't live in the Twin Cities I might not be able to go, but I'll definately try. If can can go I'll bring my PortaPros (w/ 120-ohm adapter), DT770's, Old-Model Headsave Classic (w/ AD8620 and OPA132PA opamps), a RadioShack 3-way RCA audio switchbox (for AB'ing sources), some PCDPs I have lying around (one of which is quite a good source), and stock Toshiba SD-3960. I'll also see if I could bring my computer with it's EMU 0404 soundcard to compare it to the "big boys" as both digital transport and analog source.

EDIT: Heck, if I bring my computer I'll even throw in my spare Chaintech AV-710 (which I've been meaning to sell for the past few months...).

EDIT 2: If anyone has an LCD monitor they can bring then speak up because all I've got is my main 17" CRT (which is too big and heavy to bring) and a really crappy 15" CRT which has really horrible picture quality.

Jan 22, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #28 of 72
I can bring a fully modded Toshiba 3960, a homemade Gilmore and a pair of 325's with flats. I might have more if I can find some more $$ for parts.

Heh.

This is in MN so is it safe to assume there will be drinking?
wink.gif

ok,
erix

Jan 22, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #29 of 72
OK - I sent an e-mail to one of the officers of the audio society, and he replied to me that he thought it sounded like a good idea, but that I need to speak with the Society president. I have since forwarded the message on to him. I'll let you know when I hear back.

If this does work out, here is what I can contribute - not much, but I'll bring what I got.

-Philips DVD-963SA (not modded)
-Meta42 Amp maxed out with all the extra options, made by Tangent
-No good phones, just Senn HD497s

If I find out this is a done deal, I will start a new thread with a gear list of who can bring what, and who will likely attend.

Do any of you have enough pull around here or contacts to get any contributions from the likes of headroom, tuberoller, or other for the meet?

Thanks, Snow

Jan 22, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #30 of 72
I can bring Beyer DT880, Senn HD280 Pro, Ety ER-6, Sony V-6 (w/Beyer pads), and KSC-75 for phones, Meier HA-1 for amp, and NAD C521BEE and 4g iPod for sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back