Is Anyone Interested in a Meet for New England in Boston early this Fall?
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #47 of 67
Well, there is Audio Lab in Cambridge and it's worth a visit if you haven't been.  I too am excited for a new shop opening up though!

Thanks for the direction, I've very new to audio have been searching a bit for a shop to audition and try out some gear before purchase. Are there any others in the MA area? Thanks

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #50 of 67
I would definitely be down to go up to Boston for a weekend and attend a meet. The NYC meet is in a few weekends so I'm amped up for that

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #51 of 67
I can second audiolab as a nice place to check out.  I got a pretty good discount when I bought a McIntosh integrated there at the beginning of last year.  The space is rather sucky and the selection is not huge, but what they have is good and they are knowledgeable.

Another spot in the area, I have heard about is Q Audio in Cambridge.

I know of another place...umm...I think Audio Concepts on Commonwealth in Boston, close to BU.  They definitely have some good shtuff.  Prices seem quite hefty/list however.

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #52 of 67
I can second audiolab as a nice place to check out.  I got a pretty good discount when I bought a McIntosh integrated there at the beginning of last year.  The space is rather sucky and the selection is not huge, but what they have is good and they are knowledgeable.

Another spot in the area, I have heard about is Q Audio in Cambridge.

I know of another place...umm...I think Audio Concepts on Commonwealth in Boston, close to BU.  They definitely have some good shtuff.  Prices seem quite hefty/list however.

Thanks for the feedback I def would check them out. Most of the shops I've been able to visit solely focus on home audio

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #53 of 67
Actually that IS what these shops are about...  Audiolab does have headphones as I recall however.  I don't know about Q audio, but I think they have some headphones.  Audio Concepts I don't really remember any headphones, but it has been a very long time since I was there.  I think they mainly want to do custom home installations, but they really do carry some damn fine products and let you listen/test.

I did not know you were simply interested in headphones.  That is something that is lacking in Boston from what I know.

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #58 of 67
I'm a n00b but would be down for a meet.  I'm in the market for some new IEMs, and mine met their untimely demise.

My collection is modest...but I do have a pair of fidelio X1s, which some of you guys may not have heard yet since they're pretty new.  I also have an audioengine D1 and A5Ns which I'd be happy to bring if anyone is interested in some non headphone auditioning.

How do these things typically work?  Is there a guideline someplace on this site?  Do we bring food/beer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back