Is Anyone Interested in a Meet for New England in Boston early this Fall?
Dec 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #62 of 67
I'm also very up for this to happen, but I highly doubt anything more than a mini-meet would be able to be organized any time before Spring. Maybe Soundlion would be up for assistance?

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #64 of 67
If this gets off the ground ill certainly attend and can help get things sorted out as well.

A group of audio junkies from another well known audio site get together a couple of times a year. Next get together is in February 2014 in clinton MA. There will be demo set ups, clinics ( last one was how to properly set up a phone cart. Prior to that, How to refoam speakers etc) . Lots of gear for barter , trade , sell etc. open to everyone who has an interest in audio, and can socialize without being arrogant and pretentious :). I will follow up with the date and details . Bring some food, snacks beverages ( beer wine is good too) and some gear to trade , sell or just demo. Just no attitude, snobbery or any of that kind of vibe. Its always a great time, and theres always room for more new folks to participate.

Its not specifically headphone-centric , but Certainly open to personal audio rigs if folks want to bring them as well as any items related to audio that they want to barter or sell. Im bringing some headphone amps with me if they arent gone before the event.

Full details to follow. ( ill post a link to a new thread for this event so im not threadjacking here). Still want to see a headphone related get togther kick off.

Jamal aka Bostown

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 67
If this gets off the ground ill certainly attend and can help get things sorted out as well.

A group of audio junkies from another well known audio site get together a couple of times a year. Next get together is in February 2014 in clinton MA. There will be demo set ups, clinics ( last one was how to properly set up a phone cart. Prior to that, How to refoam speakers etc) . Lots of gear for barter , trade , sell etc. open to everyone who has an interest in audio, and can socialize without being arrogant and pretentious
smily_headphones1.gif
. I will follow up with the date and details . Bring some food, snacks beverages ( beer wine is good too) and some gear to trade , sell or just demo. Just no attitude, snobbery or any of that kind of vibe. Its always a great time, and theres always room for more new folks to participate.

Its not specifically headphone-centric , but Certainly open to personal audio rigs if folks want to bring them as well as any items related to audio that they want to barter or sell. Im bringing some headphone amps with me if they arent gone before the event.

Full details to follow. ( ill post a link to a new thread for this event so im not threadjacking here). Still want to see a headphone related get togther kick off.

Jamal aka Bostown

Hi:
Fellow Bostonian here, I am very interested in any kind of meet ups and learning the jargon and understand what it means...please keep updating. Absolute noob here and just recently wet my feet into this "audiophile" world... Subscribed and thank you!

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #66 of 67
When I get back on the 15th, I'll try to head down to Soundlion and talk to them about potentially hosting a mini-meet. Soundlion seems to be a little more accommodating than Audioconcepts on Comm Ave, which is a shame because I live on Comm Ave.

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #67 of 67
Ugh...not Sound lion.  I used to work in Harvard Square and I was so excited when I was seeing that a store dedicated to headphones was going to to open up (literally a 2 minute walk from my old office).  Then I walked in.  Absolute crap.  Ok, they had a few Sennheisers.  Then...Beats.

That store is about attracting the uninformed hipster crowd.

Maybe try Audio Lab in The Garage by Harvard Square instead?  Its kind of a grungy store with some REALLY nice stuff available.  Bought my McIntosh integrated there for a really good price and as I recall they do carry some pretty nice headphone brands.  Nice guys running the store too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back