Is anyone here a teenager that once believed that Beats and Bose were the best headphones on earth?
Feb 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #31 of 53

Quote:

Cause everything is more expensive here, thus more research is done.
tongue.gif

Well the difference is that when you guys buy headphones you go straight for the good stuff. Not like others who start out in the $10-$20 range and work their way up.

Feb 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #33 of 53
I initially thought Bose was good. I'm currently 16 now, and just early last year there was this sudden hype going on with Beats, a brand which I've never heard of...

I did some research and read many positive reviews, so I thought they were good and I think I might have considered getting a pair..but eventually I ended up on this forum, and I don't even know how I got here! So I realised that Beats was just some crappy headphones with high prices which are thought to have superior audio performance. 

Oh,and being a Head-Fi member here, surely does cost some money.. every few times you login, you'll realise your wallet feels lighter. xD

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #34 of 53

Quote:

In Europe it's Sennheiser and AKG. Damn it why do the Europeans always seem to be more sensible when it comes to goods.

Hey, the Yugo was built in Europe... (Eastern)

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #36 of 53

Quote:
In Asia it's Audio-Technica (which is true to a certain point) and Denon. Over here in NA it's Beats, Beats, and Beats. Style without substance.

In Europe it's Sennheiser and AKG. Damn it why do the Europeans always seem to be more sensible when it comes to goods.

You are wrong. Beats are very popular  Portable Headphones in Germany.

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #38 of 53
I'll admit to being interested in Bose before, but I never really thought of Beats as good.  I assumed that, like many Monster Cable products, they were overpriced.  Turns out I was right
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #39 of 53
I used to think Bose must be great but I caught on to Beats' game immediately.  Huge celebrity endorsements just always seemed fishy to me.  Ironically enough after thorough research I ended up on a different Monster product: Turbines.  But when looking for over-ears I was lead away from Bose and Beats very quickly by most reviews and this very site.

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #40 of 53

Quote:
In Asia it's Audio-Technica (which is true to a certain point) and Denon. Over here in NA it's Beats, Beats, and Beats. Style without substance.

Asia? Don't forget about FAD, Ortofon and Radius! :)Though Audio-technica is by far the biggest brand. ><

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #42 of 53
Sony, Panasonis and JVC are big consumer brands, so... Yeah. They should be known by most of the people. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #43 of 53
I used to think Bose was the final authority in audio. Then some d*ckhead made fun of me. After punching him in his eyes, I began to research the subject at length. I sent that man a muffin basket shortly thereafter. True story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back