Is anyone else having issues on Head-fi?
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #16 of 24
I've been experiencing the same with the mobile version. 
I don't know I should be proud or ashamed but head-fi was my startup website on my phone, I had to change it back to a blank page.

Probably a temporary glitch anyway.

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 24
Cleared my cache and cookies on my Mac and everything is perfect now. No more issues here.

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 24
Just to add my experiences to the fray... I've had this problem in Chrome on Windows:

1. Open bookmark to my subscriptions page.  Logged on automatically.
  2. Page says there are X number of updated threads, and they are listed in bold, sorted with the most recently updated thread at the top of the list.
  3. Open the last page in a new tab.  The post referenced in the subscriptions page is not there.  Sometimes the most recent post will be a couple days old.
  4. Logout of Head-Fi, close the tab, go into Advanced settings and specifically delete the two entries that always come up on a search of "head-fi"
  5. Close and restart Chrome
  6. Load the bookmark, login, and the same problem repeats itself.

I thought in the past that deleting the cookies and restarting had fixed it, but tonight it's being stubborn.  So stubborn I'm typing this in Internet Explorer.  Listing my subscriptions in IE and going to the most recent worked fine, but because I'd already opened those threads in IE mere minutes ago, the threads are not in bold once I got to IE.  At least it works.

Very frustrating...

I did just try deleting only the "Cached images and files" from the beginning of time in Chrome.  I'll post this, logout, and check back in Chrome...

...and here I am, problem solved, it seems.  Next time I'll try just the cache clearing and skip the cookie clearing.  Strange schiit.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #19 of 24

Next time I'll try just the cache clearing and skip the cookie clearing.  Strange schiit.

It comes and goes for me.

I've found that clearing cookies works just as well/badly as clearing both.

Still can't edit photos.

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #20 of 24
  It comes and goes for me.

I've found that clearing cookies works just as well/badly as clearing both.

Still can't edit photos.

I read in another thread about this problem and the "thread page constantly refreshing" problem, which I've seen, that just the cache clearing seems to work, which kinda makes sense.  Since I see updated posts on the subscriptions page, but going to that page doesn't load the new post(s), it follows that Chrome and/or the Head-Fi database is in SNAFU mode, presenting a cached version.

But yeah, it's trivial to delete cookies and clear the cache.  I've got my old Quality Assurance/Tester hat on now, so I want to test the various combos.

Dec 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #21 of 24
Just experienced a slightly different problem.  While logged in from a laptop, I logged in to check subscriptions from a different PC.  That page was definitely cached, given that the most recent thread was updated "Today at 1:12 PM" ... it's 10:06 AM today, so...  I did the cache clearing only in Chrome, restarted (not sure if that was necessary) and the subscription page loaded correctly, displaying newly updated threads.

So, I won't be bothering with cookies, until just clearing the cache fails to correct the problem.

HTH.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #24 of 24
You know, I didn't even know that section existed.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back