Is anyone else having issues on Head-fi?
Oct 17, 2014 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

PETEREK

Member of the Trade: ThePETEREK on Etsy
Previously known as cCasper TFG
For the last few days I have been having issues with my subscriptions not showing activity from the subscriptions page, they do however show activity on my profile page. When I have a new PM I click "New Messages" with the "1" badge indicating that I have one that is unread, get to my inbox and it doesn't show the new message unless I click "Inbox" again from that page. And finally, when I go to a subscription page it sometimes fails to load the new activity and only shows the last posts I saw even though there has been posts since that time, I scroll down to see where the new posts are and it immediately forces me back to the top of the page. 

I have had these issues from both my PC and my mobile device, so it is either a site issue or something with my profile. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Seeing badges drives my OCD crazy.

Oct 17, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #2 of 24
  For the last few days I have been having issues with my subscriptions not showing activity from the subscriptions page, they do however show activity on my profile page. When I have a new PM I click "New Messages" with the "1" badge indicating that I have one that is unread, get to my inbox and it doesn't show the new message unless I click "Inbox" again from that page. And finally, when I go to a subscription page it sometimes fails to load the new activity and only shows the last posts I saw even though there has been posts since that time, I scroll down to see where the new posts are and it immediately forces me back to the top of the page. 

I have had these issues from both my PC and my mobile device, so it is either a site issue or something with my profile. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Seeing badges drives my OCD crazy.

Yesterday morning and the previous day I was having problems. It would say I have a new sub, I'd check and it would be nothing. Then I got it to say I had none but when I manually checked my subs 3 of them had new messages. 

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 24
All the same problems you are having, I've been having for the last 2 days myself man. Pages have been spazzing out whenever I AM able to check threads I'm subscribed to, when I get an email saying someone PM'd me I would go to check for the message but it wouldn't be there, then I would go to the home page and I was only able to access my messages there, among a few other things. It's been pretty frustrating.

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #4 of 24
signing out and signing again solved that issue in my phone, I haven't some across this problem on PC though.

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 24
Yup its doing it again. It says I have a sub and when I click on sub it says nothing. There was also an issue yesterday where someone tried to post a new topic on their phone and ended up posting 14 of the same topic. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 24
I was having the same problems this past week with subscriptions and messages. Sound Science, in particular, wouldn't update at all. (But everything always sounds the same there so no loss.)

Tak takato14 figured out that deleting your Chrome cache fixes most of it.

I still can't edit photos. Joe's aware of the problem and is trying to help. Can you edit your photos?

Oct 18, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 24

Yesterday morning and the previous day I was having problems. It would say I have a new sub, I'd check and it would be nothing. Then I got it to say I had none but when I manually checked my subs 3 of them had new messages. 

Had the same problem on my Galaxy S5. Login out / in did not solve it.
But clearing cache on Chrome did! Now I am seeing the updates to my subscriptions again =)

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #10 of 24
  Hey clearing the cache "FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME" worked! Haha

Great....worked for me too.

Thanks  
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #13 of 24
Just to make sure we cover all the bases, cCasper TFG, try clearing the cache and cookies on each device and shut down the browser after you do.Then move on to the next device.  Once you have them all cleared and shut down, try starting them back up.

I'm not sure if you're using Chrome Sync, but I want to make sure the cached data isn't just bouncing from device to device.  (I actually had a sync bookmark issue a couple of weeks ago where I was deleting the same bookmarks from my bookmark toolbar every day for over a week. I want to make sure this isn't a similar issue.)

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #14 of 24
I couldn't figure out how to delete my cookies on the mobile browser, so I just uninsulated it and reinstalled it. I don't seem to be having issues so far. I'll report back after I get some more activity in my subscriptions to test it on.

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #15 of 24
  After clearing only my cache I haven't had anymore issues on my PC. I can't get my browser on my phone to stop having issues though.

I'm using Chrome on both.

I've sorted out my laptop / PC version by cleaning out my cookies (just fixed the problem now)

When I had the problem on my mobile  uninstalling then reinstalling Chrome corrected it for me. 

Edit: You've worked it out. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back