Is anybody here addicted to caffeine??
Feb 7, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #31 of 46
I am addicted to caffeine for sure. I drink 3-4 cups in the morning, and an espresso in the afternoon. Same routine every day. Only coffee/espresso - no soda. And I love it, and there is absolutely no way in hell I'm giving it up. I don't smoke, I drink alcohol only very rarely (about once a month or so at most), and I have no other nefarious habits (except buying too much music and audio equipment
biggrin.gif
).

So the coffee is here to stay!!!!!!

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #32 of 46
984755892_8c8efe15e3.jpg

A couple of those in the summer.

cup%20of%20coffee.jpg

Three of those in the winter.

I would probably feel more euphoric overall if I didn't drink any of those but it is hard without them...

Feb 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #33 of 46
I agree with Skylab on this one. I have been drinking coffee everyday for all of my 62 years of life. I don't consider myself addicted because the only time I drink it is when I am alone or with somebody. This is my ONLY vice and I am not gonna give it up. It is so nice in the morning with a good cup of Joe and having the headphones on. I may have to move the coffee pot over by the computer so I do not have to take the headphones off to refill the cup. I guess that may border on insanity though, LOL.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle Eye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may have to move the coffee pot over by the computer so I do not have to take the headphones off to refill the cup. I guess that may border on insanity though, LOL.

idea: run an 8 core cpu and a 'gamer video card' in your pc. mount burner on computer and wire it as a cpu/vidcard heatsink.

that will keep the coffee warm or perhaps even cook it FOR you
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #38 of 46
I'm half addicted. Coffee, strong and black is often needed to get more out of the day for sometimes chocolate, bananas and foods/snacks just don't kick in. I'll occasionally go for a day without coffee because I have to be careful.

Virometal is right, post 32 is indeed just cruel. That wasn't necessary.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #39 of 46
Maybe I should make a compromise, drink caffeine only on weekends or something. I need to feel.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #40 of 46
I can't imagine going a day without! 2 or 3 lattes in the morning, and a bit more in the noon. It's a whole different animal here in the Northwest. My little town has 6 different coffee shops within a block and a half, 2 being starbucks (yuck) 150 feet from one another.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am addicted to caffeine for sure. I drink 3-4 cups in the morning, and an espresso in the afternoon. Same routine every day. Only coffee/espresso - no soda. And I love it, and there is absolutely no way in hell I'm giving it up. I don't smoke, I drink alcohol only very rarely (about once a month or so at most), and I have no other nefarious habits (except buying too much music and audio equipment
biggrin.gif
).

So the coffee is here to stay!!!!!!

Hallelujah!!! I'm in the same boat. Someone would have to pry my coffee from my cold, dead hands. I've quit and started coffee so many times I give up. I enjoy it too much and it's my only liquid vice.
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #43 of 46
16 oZ cup of coffee in the morning. Nothing else the rest of the day. I love it.
Previous posters are right about sleep disruption (most people), so if insomnia is a problem, don't drink too much and don't drink after 12 noon.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #45 of 46
Don't drink after 21:00/22:00 if you want to get up next morning on time unless you're prepared for a night without sleep. Coffee...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back