Is 24 the TV Show promoting Bose headphones?
Dec 18, 2008 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Is 24 the TV Show promoting Bose headphones knowingly or unknowingly?

hey guys,

while watching entire 24 from Season 1 to Season 6 and then the Season 7 Prequel...each episode.

i noticed in EVERY helicopter scene..they show the pilot and passengers wearing Bose headsets.

and in EVERY scene where they have got to do something with monitoring conversations or listening to interrogations or hearing phone recordings at CTU headquarter..they always show the CTU people wearing Bose triports.

because honestly..hearing the analytical recordings of a presidential assasination conversation by villains on Bose headphones will give u inaccuracy..oh hell...maybe they didnt even hear the missing details such as the accent of the villain
biggrin.gif
..lol

anyway..this makes me think..are they promoting Bose headphones?

because its such a popular show..and if Jack Bauer uses anything..its talked about..for example:

http://blogs.4bauer.com/?p=78

Treo%20700w.jpg

some other forum..talking about his watch..etc

or is it just that they could find the Bose headphones easily for the Filming Sets?

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 20
As far as the helicopter scenes... Bose and David Clark are generally considered the high end flight headsets. Almost any movie you'll see one of the two.

But in general, yeah I'm guessing it's good old fashioned product placement.

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 20
Bose has an exceptional marketing budget, you know.

Not a big deal, though. Any sophisticated buyer will run a few Google searches and end up here.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 20
......and monster cable is suing everyone with the name "MONSTER" in their title, like a ****ing mini-golf course called "monster mini golf"......................bose, monster, all these mother ****ers are the root of the evil of our economy, and the greatest display of the monumental ignorance that exists in the USA.....people are just so god damned dumb.....
smily_headphones1.gif

....peace be with you
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 20
Wait a second... you are saying that 24 has been on for 7 Seasons?! If someone had asked me I would have said 2nd...maybe 3rd season... 7? I've obviously never watched it.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a second... you are saying that 24 has been on for 7 Seasons?! If someone had asked me I would have said 2nd...maybe 3rd season... 7? I've obviously never watched it.

You're better off that way.

I watched the first six seasons over a lazy summer, and I want my 144 hours back.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
......and monster cable is suing everyone with the name "MONSTER" in their title, like a ****ing mini-golf course called "monster mini golf"......................bose, monster, all these mother ****ers are the root of the evil of our economy, and the greatest display of the monumental ignorance that exists in the USA.....people are just so god damned dumb.....
smily_headphones1.gif

....peace be with you
wink.gif

Look at these bastards.

The Truth About The Monster Mini Golf Lawsuit

They're whining about "defending their brand". What a bunch of arrogant assf**ks!! I hate it when big, rich corporations try to whine and pretend they are the "victims".

Dec 19, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're better off that way.

I watched the first six seasons over a lazy summer, and I want my 144 hours back.

Blasphemy!

24 does do product placement but it's easy to forget since...well it's 24 what do you think.

One season had some sort of extended commerical with Jack Bauer chasing a guy in a Ford truck, and another time it was a Toyota four door hatchback. Macs are commonly used in the last two or three seasons; you could make a point that Jack is giving free product placement to H&K too.
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #11 of 20
Like Calexico said, it's product placement and its everywhere. Stargate Atlantis does the same thing quite prominently with Dell computer equipment.

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

One season had some sort of extended commerical with Jack Bauer chasing a guy in a Ford truck, and another time it was a Toyota four door hatchback.

24 featured nothing but V-Tech cordless phones in the first season or two. I remember because I owned the same crappy phones at the time. Hyundai cars and 4x4s were prominent in the recent 2 hour 24 special. You can't blame them ... revenue is revenue. Product placement has been around since the beginning of TV I think. Andy of Mayberry used to feature Ford cars exclusively IIRC. Sometimes IMO, it backfires when they over-do it ... like when everyone's holding their Coke cans so the labels all can be clearly seen.

Years ago I, along with their major retailers, was invited to a private pre-release showing of the movie "Blade Runner" by the then Canadian distributor of Maxell tapes. They had flown dealers in to town from across the country and had taken over an entire large downtown theatre, at considerable cost, for this promotional event. It caused more than a few smiles when at the very end of the movie, the long, drawn-out, rooftop fight scene occurred in, on, and around a gigantic TDK sign. (TDK was at the time, Maxell's biggest competitor)

Dec 20, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #13 of 20
As a counterexample, Quentin Tarantino hates product placement to the point that he came up with his own products and brands, like the Teriyaki Donut and Big Kahuna Burger restaurant chains, and Red Apple cigarettes... not to mention the omnipresent box of long-out-of-production breakfast cereal.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 20
yup...but anyway..love the show...pure hardcore action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back