Iriver vs. Iaudio
Oct 12, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #16 of 31
I have the iAudio 7, and while the sound isn't phenomenal flat, it has some of the best EQ and Sound Quality adjustment settings I've ever seen. I thought my COWON A2 PMP had good SQ, but the I7 being made for music, the settings make the sound incredible. I don't alter it too much, but just enough to clear up the sound and give me a bit more bass for my less bass-heavy cans (ATH-AD900). Definitely recommended. Never tried iRiver.

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there actually a big difference between D2 or 7 and X5?
I have the X5 which I think is pretty good SQ-wise and I am considering the D2 or 7 for better portability. But I expected the same level of SQ.... I would be very dissapointed if that would not be the case.

The X5 supposedly has a tad better SQ, but I'd seriously doubt any serious difference, if any at all. The iAudio fans tend to hail the X5 as the best SQ ever to grace mankind, so they'll always tell you it's better than any other player.

I'd say go for it. From the official Cowon store, there's a 30 day money back guarantee.

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 31
Cowon only allows dynamic playlists and even thats not very easy from what I hear. Ofcourse I havent used it but its a big problem going by the different forums on the net.

Oct 12, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenafor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iAudio 7, and while the sound isn't phenomenal flat, it has some of the best EQ and Sound Quality adjustment settings I've ever seen. I thought my COWON A2 PMP had good SQ, but the I7 being made for music, the settings make the sound incredible. I don't alter it too much, but just enough to clear up the sound...

I pulled the trigger on the I7 last night, I'm excited
etysmile.gif

I hope it lives up to what I've read about it. It will be used mostly for the gym w/ ER4P/S but I plan to put it to the test.
600smile.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon only allows dynamic playlists and even thats not very easy from what I hear. Ofcourse I havent used it but its a big problem going by the different forums on the net.

What is a dynamic playlist? Are you saying I can't just add a folder off my HD to the player and play it as is? Like a premade compilation.

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hissy versus mostly silent: iriver - iaudio. all iriver products i have used have hissed more than ipod and ipod hisses slightly more than newer iaudio products.

every iriver i have used has been unusable by iems - i do not mean canalphones like cx300 and vmoda but um2 and e500 for instance. i will admit that i do not care for iriver so if another player that has come out is okay to listen to with iems, then i must be disarmed.

It's pretty obvious you haven't listened through the Clix2 second generation players.

I use Livewires T1...renowned for their sensitivity. Sound quality is superb. No hiss just bliss.
etysmile.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #24 of 31
you are true, i have only heard the 1st gen ones, but... i was not at all impressed. if they have improved, then the only thing to not recommend them is the tiltly navigation system.

my friend clix 1 did however survive an accidental push-fall onto linoleum from about 1.5 metres up. quite a feet. he was upset and i felt shamed as i listened to it all morning. however, it hissed way too much with my um2 and i cannot imagine the 2nd gen will have gotten that much better at all.

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you are true, i have only heard the 1st gen ones, but... i was not at all impressed. if they have improved, then the only thing to not recommend them is the tiltly navigation system.

my friend clix 1 did however survive an accidental push-fall onto linoleum from about 1.5 metres up. quite a feet. he was upset and i felt shamed as i listened to it all morning. however, it hissed way too much with my um2 and i cannot imagine the 2nd gen will have gotten that much better at all.

Clix2 2nd gen is one of the quietest daps and the SQ is superb. My Livewires are highly sensitive and will pick up any noise introduced from bad sources, and recorded material. As for the navigation system the D-Click has to be the coolest feature around.

You are missing out my friend.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #26 of 31
I think you'll be happy with the I7. I just got the 16gig version to replace my X5 which died, and the sound exceeded my expectations. Still getting used to the new interface, but so far I am liking it.

Oct 20, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetwolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll be happy with the I7. I just got the 16gig version to replace my X5 which died, and the sound exceeded my expectations. Still getting used to the new interface, but so far I am liking it.

Me too. The battery life is insane, as advertised...no wonder it's so thick(must have a big battery??)

My biggest excitement for this DAP was the reported great SQ and audio tweaks. I was not disappointed. I love the 10(I think it is) user presets for sound enhancements...I can have one for each HP with a couple left over.

Oct 21, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only players offering playback are: Trekstor Vibez, Rio Karma and Samsung Yp-Z5. The last two are discontinued.

According to user reports, you can add the Creative ZEN to that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back