iRiver HD320 went down the toilet, need suggestions for a new one
Dec 19, 2006 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

antiant

Banned
damn
mad.gif
, i owned a hd320 iriver and it was a great player, had it for 2 years, but it fell in the toilet, literally...i took it apart dried as much as possible, it turns on and still plays music, but certain button functions don't equate with the right action, i'm still waiting it out, hoping it's not the end all, but in the mean time can you guys suggest some daps for me? I DO NOT WANT AN IPOD! so please, no suggestions of such and i would like the following things:

1. Flac support (not necessary, but would be nice)
2. Video
3. line I/O
4. Good battery life/rechargable battery (if the battery is rechargable, i would like to be able to have the option to replace it myself, when it eventually dies, i did this with my hd320 and it has lasted a long time, in other words i don't want to keep on buying a dap every few years, when i can just replace the battery my self and keep on truckin)
6. Also, i'd like to just put my dap in a usb port and transfer songs over, no software crap or any other limited stuff, just DAP > Computer = songs

thanks all!

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #5 of 24
I bet that after going down the toilet it sounded like $hit later on....
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 24
I would have bought yet another H320.
redface.gif
People are saying how one meets more criteria than another, yet the H320 met all... Bit of a no brainer if you ask me. Cheaper too
frown.gif
:

eBay Link

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet that after going down the toilet it sounded like $hit later on....
biggrin.gif

must be the best sounding $hit in headfi world though.
tongue.gif

@ antiant

good choice indeed. congrats.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have bought yet another H320.
redface.gif
People are saying how one meets more criteria than another, yet the H320 met all... Bit of a no brainer if you ask me. Cheaper too
frown.gif
:

eBay Link

yeah true, i thought about it, but i'm not really familiar with ebay and i'm really skeptical of it

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #10 of 24
the ZVM is actually pretty nice, i can't figure out how to put videos on here yet, i tried it, didn't work, but it may have something to do with the format, i'm pretty sure my movies were divx/avi, but who knows and i don't like the transfering, i use to just plug in my dap, it would recognize it, then i would go to my music folder and drag and drop, somehow i have to use winamp and sync it, which i think is time consuming and slow...there's gotta be a better way then this, but other than that, GREAT FEATURES, GREAT DAP, i was impressed

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #11 of 24
Lol, I guess I could use more feedback. If you hadn't already bought the Vision:M I would have offered to buy it for you. Then you could just transfer the funds over to my PayPal account. Granted, you'd be adding 3% and paying for it to be shipped twice, but it'd still be a lot cheaper I'd think...

Anyway, hope you like your ZenV:M. I have some experience with Creative's line of DAP's and they really do make good stuff. Their tech support is really something too. Couldn't ask for much more.

Dec 20, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #14 of 24
Take a soft tooth brush and rubbing alcohol to the circuit boards and button assembly. I didn't take apart the button assembly to know what kind of pads they used, but if you post pictures, I can give you some tips on how to clean/repair them. Also, does the remote control the player fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back