iriver clix2 impressions
Jul 10, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #16 of 75
Can both of you guys tell me what clix2+headphones you use and if hiss/sibilance is bad?

It looks like I might wait for the 8 gb version of the clix2. In the meantime I'll have the Meizu M6 to play with.

Jul 10, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With MS1: dead silence
With E500: some noticeable hiss, but it doesn't hiss so badly as Shuffle or iriver Tseries.
No sibilance noticed

clix2+E500 ... is there hiss when you connect the volume attenuator on it? And without the attenuator?

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #19 of 75
Well, now I can't hear it even without attentuator. Clix2 hisses only a bit (the least hissing player I've ever heard) and it is audible only when you are in quiet room. I'll check it out when I'll go sleep and write results tommorow

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #20 of 75
quick question.....again
smily_headphones1.gif

why did yuo chooce the clix2 over the cowon d2???

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #21 of 75
Simple (and quite quick :p ) answer: D2 wasn't in stock and after short conversation with @majkel (Thank you!). When I was going to shop I wanted to get D2 (I could have 20GB on board), but when I heard sound coming from Clix2, I knew that this is it.
And I don't regret this decision, every time I'm listening to E500 + Clix2 rig I'm glad that I bought iriver.

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 75
Quote:

for you to ignore the great battery life and expansion slot....the sound must have been really sweet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, indeed
etysmile.gif

Ignoring SD HC slot was hard at first (If I ordered it online, I would buy D2), but after 10 minutes with Clix2 all doubts dissapeared...

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #24 of 75
Got D2 last weekend, upgraded it to latest firmware, loaded it up with FLAC files and hooked it up with UM2, the sound was very good. I've been enjoying it since then. The sdhc expansion is sweet, the battery life is great, and I like the touch screen as well even though the interface could be better. There is a little hiss with UM2 in quiet surroundings, but it doesn't bother me at all. A great little player with potential huge storage.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #26 of 75
How's the soundstage of the Clix? Just listened to my Iriver IFP-895 and just realized that there's absolutely no semblance of soundstage in it all. Is this characteristic inherent in all Iriver products?

Thanks.

Jul 11, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #27 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How's the soundstage of the Clix? Just listened to my Iriver IFP-895 and just realized that there's absolutely no semblance of soundstage in it all. Is this characteristic inherent in all Iriver products?

Thanks.

You're surprising me. If there are any players able to show soundstage, they are iRivers ifp/clix series. What kind of headphones are you using? What kind of music files? If they are low grade mp3s, that's the case. You're probably using encoded by LAME. Their Joint Stereo sucks and you just hear it. Switch to FhG encoder or use Stereo mode for LAME encodings.
Try this: rip your CDs to wma 2-pass CBR 160kbps, 44.1kHz, 16-bit and tell me again there is no soundstage.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #30 of 75
The clix 2 is awesome, I've been using one for a few weeks and I just added a Go-Vibe v6. Hiss with my UM2s has gone down and everything is much more "brought out." Better soundstage and a richer sound. I have the clix volume set one 10/40 going into the amp.

All I can say is that using the clix is nothing other than an absolute joy. The navigation is so beautifully fluid and natural. The screen is gorgeous and the thing is darned compact. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back