Iriver Clix 2 or Iaudio 7 ?
Aug 13, 2007 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

ljbounty

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a replacement for my 4th gen ipod (hard drive dying). I am thinking about the 8gb versions of either the clix 2 or Iaudio 7 player.

I haven't seen much feedback on the clix 2 in the forums and would like to know how it compares to the sound quality to the Iaudio 7 ? and overall functions.

I will be using a Xin SuperMini IV with the replacement along with my Triple-Fi 10's.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 24
This was the same dilemma I was faced with earlier in the week. Both the Clix 2 and iAudio 7 have very positive reviews. Some of the strong points:

SQ - iaudio 7
EQ Settings - iAudio 7
Firmware - Clix 2
Controls - Clix 2
Battery - iAudio 7
Number of Playback formats - iAudio 7

I purchased the iAudio 7 (8gb)

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 24
i think if u search clix2 you'll get more stuff. i already gave a few of my opinions in other threads. i have the clix2. sounds great, looks great, feels great (slim). controls are clickable which is better than touch imo because touching can get annoying. the themes can be changed in the clix2 so you can make it look however you want it to.

there's enough EQ settings to satisfy anybody so i don't think you would have a problem there. the battery is pretty decent for such a slim flash player and i'm pretty glad i got one. the only thing that i wanted different was the 8 GB but it didnt' come out until later.

Aug 14, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 24
The iAudio 7 will be in a 16GB variety "soon" according to the website.

I'm waiting for that.

The big thing for me is that you could hold down the bottom or top to scroll, and then tap to go one song at a time. This is a lot better than having to scroll up and down and missing it.

Watch the cnet videos and decide which interface you'd like better.

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #7 of 24
being announced and being readily available to the rest of the world are two different things. Hopefully it means next week.

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 24
I'm well aware of that ljbounty, but cowon have been accurate of late with their official announcements, discounting the A3
biggrin.gif
, word on whether / when it will be available to Europe / US has yet to be reveal, probably a month away at least.

Like you say, hopefully it's very soon

Aug 14, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #9 of 24
have you listened to either player?? i would suggest that before spending the money on similar daps, youll never really know until you use it. or you could always buy it from costco and return it
wink.gif
just kiddin'

Aug 14, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #11 of 24
Couldn't wait any longer, just ordered the iAudio 7 8GB from NewEgg
280smile.gif

Now to consider a set of Atrio M5's... Although I have 1st gen Vibes with maybe 10 hours of play on them. Guess I could sell them.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #12 of 24
FYI clixHere site says clix2 8gb now delayed to USA: http://www.clixhere.net/clixhere-net...ws-update.html

clix forum on MisticRiver: http://www.misticriver.net/forumdisplay.php?f=144

i7 forum at iAUDIOphile.net http://www.iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63

clix2 screen is great and d-click button system is very nice, but i7 plays FLAC. See the i7 forum for threads on weird fast-forwarding behavior when the i7 heats up.

Also remember that newegg.com has a 30-day exchange-only policy on DAP's.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #13 of 24
imo the main difference would be if u wanted the player for decent video or purely music. because that would be the main difference between the 2. one's tiny, one's not =p

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:10 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually the main differences would also have to include battery life, and of course memory expansion :p they are the reasons that one is small and the other is bigger
smily_headphones1.gif

memory expansion? which one are u talking about? i was under the impression neither of them could be expanded lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back