Iriver Clix 2 or Iaudio 7 ?
Aug 23, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #17 of 24
Primarily I would want it for sound quality but video would be nice but not essential. Leaning towards I7 but various reviews/forums state that current firmware is still buggy e.g issues when the unit gets too warm etc etc. How are cowon on updates? and what about clix 2, is the firmware as buggy in comparison?

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #19 of 24
Sandys, from the various reviews the the I7 is supposed to sound better than the D2. Being in the UK its difficult to compare the products as they are not readily available (internet only). How does the D2 compare to the I7?

Aug 24, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 24
I was wondering also which one to choose to replace my D2 and AFAIC the choice is obvious: I7 as it is the only one that supports FLAC
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 10:27 AM Post #21 of 24
Using my home stereo set-up as a reference ($10K), with consideration in listening to a variety of music styles...I can say that I am very impressed with the Sound Quality of the iAudio 7.

Listening through my Etymotic ER-4P's, the iAudio 7 produces a sound which to me is detailed, warm and engaging.

Highly recommended!

Aug 24, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by iozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering also which one to choose to replace my D2 and AFAIC the choice is obvious: I7 as it is the only one that supports FLAC
wink.gif

Why do you want to replace your D2 with the i7, if I might ask.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #23 of 24
lol nope i don't haha. i ripped it off one of the tom clancy games i think. cus i couldn't find a nick that wasn't taken at the time.

and yeah no probs we make mistakes all the time.. just got meh hopin there for awhile haha.. woulda ordered a clix2 right in if it had expandable memory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh sugar, totally my bad I thought someone said X20, not clix 2, jesus what a fool I am (do you play God of War btw, just noticed your username)

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you want to replace your D2 with the i7, if I might ask.

Because what I look for when getting a DAP is:
- FLAC support
- SQ
- long battery life
- as memory as I can get.

The D2 lacks in SQ in my opinion compared to my U3 or my friend's X5, and the large memory cards are long to be released (16Gigs, 32Gigs). I have 2 8gigs SDHC cards but I really don't like to switch between them, I'd better have everything available. So the new 16gigs iAudio7 is definitely tempting me
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back