iriver battery
Mar 17, 2006 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nikongod

DIY-ku
i just up-did my battery in my iriver ihp-120.

2200mah>>1300mah
smily_headphones1.gif

well worth 15 miniutes of my time, and about 30 of my dollars.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 12

nikongod

DIY-ku
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Where did you get it? Did you have to reverse the molex wires (ipod battery)?

yes, it was an eye-pawd battery.

switching the wires was SIMPLE. the wires stay attached to the conectors, and the whole thing just comes out. its really easy.

the hardest part was realising that i should not put the rubber hard-drive bumper back in because there wasnt room. i assembled it without it by accident, then tried to put it in, and it wouldent close. i heard of people breaking stuff by oversqueezing, so i just "fack it" and left it out. nothing rattles.

today i played my sony mdr-f1 (witht he 24ohm mod...) all day straight from the player. about 7 hours of work. battery monitor says 80%
smily_headphones1.gif
im happy.

Jul 2, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 12

nikongod

DIY-ku
update to this thread.

unfortunately, my first battery died. it "balloned" and squashed the HDD to the point where it was grinding. i got it apart and the battery thrown out before any actual exposion or perminant HDD dammage happened.

i bought a new battery (same size, diferent vendor) and am hoping for the best...

if this one failes, i will just give up an buy an oem cell from iriver.

Jul 2, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 12

wanderman

Headphoneus Supremus
if only buckaroo banzi and dapstore.de were still afloat they were selling batteries. He tested these 2000 mah batteries and was getting 25 hrs. 45 min of battery life. I think the thread is still up. If enough people are intrested I bet you can talk to jeff and get him to contact ionity and start carrying their batteries.

Jul 2, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 12

wolfen68

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
update to this thread.

unfortunately, my first battery died. it "balloned" and squashed the HDD to the point where it was grinding. i got it apart and the battery thrown out before any actual exposion or perminant HDD dammage happened.

i bought a new battery (same size, diferent vendor) and am hoping for the best...

if this one failes, i will just give up an buy an oem cell from iriver.

That's scary. I've seen four or five accounts of balloning over time now. Was it a NewerTech battery, or some other generic brand?

If not a NewerTech, try this one for a great deal:

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_It...=NWTIPOD160012

...or this one for the most capacity:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer.../BIPOD2200M12/

Forum member Turner Brown put me on to these, and he says his is still kicking.

Jul 27, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 12

nikongod

DIY-ku
well folks, less than 1 month afte the second cell went in it went out.

i heard it squashing the HDD this morning. its a BAD sound. not quite as bad as a bored and stroked v8 engine detonating, but pretty close to a stock lawnmower doing that...

anyways, its on to fight the people i bought it from to get my money back on that piece of chit.

Users who are viewing this thread