iriver battery
Mar 17, 2006 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nikongod

DIY-ku
i just up-did my battery in my iriver ihp-120.

2200mah>>1300mah
smily_headphones1.gif

well worth 15 miniutes of my time, and about 30 of my dollars.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Where did you get it? Did you have to reverse the molex wires (ipod battery)?

yes, it was an eye-pawd battery.

switching the wires was SIMPLE. the wires stay attached to the conectors, and the whole thing just comes out. its really easy.

the hardest part was realising that i should not put the rubber hard-drive bumper back in because there wasnt room. i assembled it without it by accident, then tried to put it in, and it wouldent close. i heard of people breaking stuff by oversqueezing, so i just "fack it" and left it out. nothing rattles.

today i played my sony mdr-f1 (witht he 24ohm mod...) all day straight from the player. about 7 hours of work. battery monitor says 80%
smily_headphones1.gif
im happy.

Jul 2, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 12
update to this thread.

unfortunately, my first battery died. it "balloned" and squashed the HDD to the point where it was grinding. i got it apart and the battery thrown out before any actual exposion or perminant HDD dammage happened.

i bought a new battery (same size, diferent vendor) and am hoping for the best...

if this one failes, i will just give up an buy an oem cell from iriver.

Jul 2, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 12
if only buckaroo banzi and dapstore.de were still afloat they were selling batteries. He tested these 2000 mah batteries and was getting 25 hrs. 45 min of battery life. I think the thread is still up. If enough people are intrested I bet you can talk to jeff and get him to contact ionity and start carrying their batteries.

Jul 2, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
update to this thread.

unfortunately, my first battery died. it "balloned" and squashed the HDD to the point where it was grinding. i got it apart and the battery thrown out before any actual exposion or perminant HDD dammage happened.

i bought a new battery (same size, diferent vendor) and am hoping for the best...

if this one failes, i will just give up an buy an oem cell from iriver.

That's scary. I've seen four or five accounts of balloning over time now. Was it a NewerTech battery, or some other generic brand?

If not a NewerTech, try this one for a great deal:

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_It...=NWTIPOD160012

...or this one for the most capacity:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer.../BIPOD2200M12/

Forum member Turner Brown put me on to these, and he says his is still kicking.

Jul 27, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 12
well folks, less than 1 month afte the second cell went in it went out.

i heard it squashing the HDD this morning. its a BAD sound. not quite as bad as a bored and stroked v8 engine detonating, but pretty close to a stock lawnmower doing that...

anyways, its on to fight the people i bought it from to get my money back on that piece of chit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back