Ipodsnanosonline selling fake ipod Nanos.
Nov 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
Out of interest, does the fake work? Does it run the correct OS? Does it synch with iTunes properly?

Not that I want one, but just interested in knowing how good the fakes can get.

I have a friend at school who bought a fake iPod and its horrible. Its very slow, half the features are gone, the buttons have to be pressed very hard, and worst of all is that he must plug his headphones connector halfway in, not all the way in but halfway in or the sound wont work at all, and hes lucky if it even works then. I'm not sure if there all like this, and I don't care to find out.

Nov 3, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #17 of 23
VeriSign are the first to actually respond. The site is going to be investigated by their 'Seal Abuse Team'.

Nov 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #18 of 23
Apple have replied with a link to their own rights of use of the Apple logo web page. I don't think they have actually read my email to them properly.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #19 of 23
If they dont care, who should? So the only thing that we want is your friend to be refunded. if they dont, we will hack their site and get the refund by our self.
cool.gif

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #20 of 23
Perhaps it would have been smart to wait with reporting the site until he got(if he got) a reply from the people running the site. If Apple is able to shut it down before he get a reply, the money is lost for sure.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #21 of 23
Well no more replies, no sign of a refund and no change to their site, which is still there.....

http://www.ipodsnanosales.com/

I would never buy a fake anything (knowingly) but I also do not think I would bother to do anything about fakes in the future.

May 25, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #23 of 23
OH MY,THIS IS A ROCKCHIP-BASED PLAYER
blink.gif

you know,those ghetto made-in-china players
Quote:
Out of interest, does the fake work?(1) Does it run the correct OS?(2) Does it synch with iTunes properly?(3)

Not that I want one, but just interested in knowing how good the fakes can get.

let me answer your questions.
1)should be yes but this particular model is know to have fake memories such as 1GB that is coded to think that it is 8GB,once you went past 1GB,the player memory will vanish and you have to reformat it.
2)it have it own OS with various interface,some of them have iPod themes as well though there is times that you might not find in a real iPod.
3)nope,it is drag-and-drop transfer,there's no specific software for it.
I do sell and own an older model of this cheap mp4 player.
they did copy Apple's design but the seller usually states that it is NOT an apple product.
you see,these manufacturers are good at pirating a player but they dont have a clue on how to design the UI.
sad to see that scammers like this existed.
frown.gif
this is placing bad image on us,user and sellers of china mp3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back