Ipodsnanosonline selling fake ipod Nanos.
Nov 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Prog Rock Man

Headphoneus Supremus
Unfortunately a friend bought this fake ipod Nano off ipodsnanosonline, a Chinese 'company' selling 5th gen Nanos for £59. Frighteningly, if you search for a 5th gen ipod Nano, it is one of the first sites to appear.

The site has a McAfee symbol and a Verisign symbol, but both are copies from elsewhere. You have to log on and give your card details and then weeks later you get this......

A comparison with a real Nano (which is the silver one) shows clear differences....

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 23
They tried their best to make a site which can trick people.
Of course they don't accept paypal . In case you want to return!
tongue.gif

Did you contact them for full refund?

This is the case were steve jobs personality is a positive thing. If you report to apple they will sure sue them.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 23
It was a mate who bought it and they are asking for a refund. That is a good idea contacting Apple.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 23
Your friend might try talking to a Apple sales rep, maybe they'll replace it or something (slim chance, but it doesn't hurt to try). If your friend is SOL and can't get anything for it, it would be interesting to open that thing up and see what's inside, I think.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 23
He wants to try and get a refund. Interestingly, I cannot find the site now. Yesterday it was one of the first sites to come up doing a google search.

Nov 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #6 of 23

Quote:
He wants to try and get a refund. Interestingly, I cannot find the site now. Yesterday it was one of the first sites to come up doing a google search.

Yeah, I was going to ask you for a link because I couldn't get to it via google or URL.com or URL.uk. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 23
Thanks for that, details now sent to Apple.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 23
Will do. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 23
Out of interest, does the fake work? Does it run the correct OS? Does it synch with iTunes properly?

Not that I want one, but just interested in knowing how good the fakes can get.

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #13 of 23
It never worked so I do not know for certain how it would work. Reports to McAfee and Verisign going as well.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 23
Did yu ask for the redund first? its very importand to do this first. because when those companies strart contacting the site owners there might might try to hide their trace and you wont be able to contact them again.

Nov 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #15 of 23
It was not me who bought the ipod. My friend has sent it back and I will see if she has any success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back