iPods in vending machines!
Jan 23, 2006 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

richpjr

100+ Head-Fier
I was waiting at a gate in the Atlanta airport last week when I noticed a vending machine with several people hovering about. I wandered over and noticed it was filled with all the current iPod lineup, docks, Apple headphones, and all kinds of accessories. My first thought was that was kinda cool, but who would buy something out of a vending machine. As I waited for my flight, I saw people buy Shuffle, Nano, and a docking station in about 20 minutes. Very strange.

Jan 23, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 37
Do these machines accept coins?
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 37
Are you serious?? There has to be a picture of this somewhere. Can anyone find it? And we though Bose had good marketing...

Jan 23, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #7 of 37
I wonder what would happen if the vending machine got stuck and didn't let you have the ipod you purchased... just like how i get jibbed by drink vending machines all the time at Melbourne University.

That would be quite an interesting occurence.

Jan 23, 2006 at 1:14 PM Post #8 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by THeX
I wonder what would happen if the vending machine got stuck and didn't let you have the ipod you purchased... just like how i get jibbed by drink vending machines all the time at Melbourne University.

That would be quite an interesting occurence.

Well I guess you'd get a reciept saying it jammed and Apple would refund you. I'd never buy anything of such value from a vending machine.

I heard in Japan you can buy worn womens knickers from vending machines!

Jan 23, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 37
That's actually a great idea in airports - you're stuck waiting for a plane for an hour, so you buy a shuffle, put some tunes into it from your laptop, charge it up a bit via usb, and when you're on the plane it's all shuffle and a good book!

Jan 23, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
That's actually a great idea in airports - you're stuck waiting for a plane for an hour, so you buy a shuffle, put some tunes into it from your laptop, charge it up a bit via usb, and when you're on the plane it's all shuffle and a good book!

It would seem easier to just listen to your laptop.

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
It would seem easier to just listen to your laptop.

What if it's more than a 3 hour flight? Do you find a vending machine with extra laptop batteries?
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
What if it's more than a 3 hour flight? Do you find a vending machine with extra laptop batteries?
wink.gif

If it's more than a 3 hour flight and you didn't bring music, you might as well find a more economical way of passing the time than buying an iPod. Unless you were planning to buy one already. Or if you need a last-last-last-last minute gift that doesn't seem like a last minute gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back