iPod vs Droid sound quality?
Apr 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

macmiller83

New Head-Fier
Hi guys when I got my iPod Touch last year I wan't really into music, only had a hundred songs and used skull candies (haha).  Recently I've really gotten into music and my collection is getting a lot bigger so I'm going to get some a-jays/a50s/SRH440s/K518s. I have an 8gb iPod because of how small my collection was.  I have a Droid 1(original) phone with 16 or 32 gigs so I put all of my music on there.  I'm wondering if the playback quality on the Droid will be the same or worse then Apple products (Using $100 headphones). Thanks.     -Sean

By the way I really don't want to get an amp, or any of those things you guys use.  Because I listen to my iPod at school a lot.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I've been searching for a phone that runs android and sounds good (as good as a music player), and i had a chance to listen to a high end Motorola (some 400$) running android, that could actually get close to good SQ.the irony is, not many phones have exclusive DACs for audio.there is the Samsung Galaxy S series that had good audio reviews.i cn imagine Sony Ericsson androids sound good too.
Well, else than that,if use music at school, i'd suggest buying a Sansa Clip+, get a 16gb card, and enjoy the hell out of it.IMO, Phones cant equal DAPs in sound quality until the phones are high-end which would generally cost 400$ and above.while the clip+ i advised would cost 20-30$ only.your call.

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Sony X10 and Samsung Galaxy S has great sound quality and they sound better than current iPod Nano. The Andriod Galaxy S sound quality can improve more with Voodoo sound enhancement and power AMPs use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back